Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When it snows....and snows, and snows.....

So...what do you do when it just keeps snowing and snowing....and you have 2 little ones coughing and coughing....first, you count your blessings! I love this flag hanging outside our front door!Then, you let them work off as much energy inside as possible! These scooters in the basement are a God-send! They also have those large balls with handles to bounce out some energy down there...and Ronnie is able to rollerblade all over the basement....we're so grateful for the basement! LOL


And you sew...and have your little sister "help" you!


You bake cookies....and make 'fun' messes!



You play games....and sew holders for your card games...(thanks, Dayna, for the idea!)




You enjoy going thru "Baba's" button jar looking for just the right one...


You crochet warm slippers....



And sew some more!

And crochet some more....



If you are one of our cats, Chloe or Doc....you spend a lot of time under the warm lamp!

And.....sew some more! Neutral, patchwork placemats from thrifted fabric~
You sew matching craft/beading bags for little cousins who love to bead!
After you go thru the 2 huge bags of fabric that were so generously given to you!
And sew some more bags!


~In addition to all the sewing and crocheting and beading going on around here, Ronnie has been making the coolest Lego creations....lots of Lego vehicles from a set he got for his birthday....setting up and playing with his hockey guys in anticipation of the Olympics, experimenting with his Snaptricity kits...and beating everyone at Wii bowling!


Anna LOVES to color...and has been making lots of artwork for her dolls and everyone else! Sara and Meghan have been in the kitchen making lots of yummy things! Lots of reading books going on....and make-believe battles with Playmobils....lots of tents/forts made out of blankets....in spite of it feeling like a very long winter with all the snow and coughing....it has also been a very cozy, warm time and the Lord is teaching us so many lessons thru this winter...lessons that I am writing down to be able to remember, and make some changes towards what is God's best for our family!


May you all be warm and blessed this Winter!!! ~Sue~

3 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Oh, Sue! It sounds like a wonderfully productive time, with lots of fun projects happening! Kids just want to be a part of everything the grown-ups are doing, don't they? And it looks like you are doing just that!

Dayna said...

Ah! That's totally how I survived last year's snow! I love it! I don't know what I would have done without my sewing machine. How precious to see that you're all working together.

Your holder is so cute, and I love that you used a cute button to fasten it!

Anna M said...

Oooo, did you hear my shriek across town?? I LOVE those little crocheted slippers!! I loved this whole post. It made me feel warm :-)