Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday..Gluten Free Donuts!!!!

Oh, yes....I made gluten free donuts tonight! After explaining a little bit about the history of "Fat Tuesday" to my children....and why Mom is frying 'unhealthy' (Ronnie even said, why are you using white sugar? ) donuts....these turned out wonderfully!
The dough was a little difficult to work with, and I had to tweak the recipe so much that I don't think I could post it, but I am grateful for the experience in the kitchen that lets me know what the proper texture of the dough should be and adjust it...let's just say I used a lot of cornstarch!


When they puffed up and turned golden brown...I don't know who was more excited, me or the kids!


Sara...in donut heaven! LOL Good thing I'm only going to make these once a year! God bless you all on this cold, windy, snowy night! (yes...3 inches more tonight, and the chance of 3 inches tomorrow and 3 more tomorrow night....we needed donuts!) ~Sue~