Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow isn't good for hobos...

No, that isn't a famous depression quote, nor is it a profound metaphor. It is simply something I made up. :)

Anyway, as you have probably read, we have had a major snowfall! 24 inches in 1 1/2 days is alot! Hip high snow isn't exactly how I pictured it when the weather man said 6-8 inches. But, leaving the poor meteorologist out of the equation, we had to do something with all this snow and this is what we did:
I loved taking a flying leap off of our deck, hollering KOWLABUNGA and diving into snow!Poor Anna couldn't walk unless on a path since the snow was so high, so I either carried her piggyback or she laid in the snow :-) Since she was feeling a little better, Mom thought a little time of fresh air wouldn't hurt her.Ronnie loved finding clumps of snow and throwing them at his sisters (NOT IN THE-face!)Don't we look sweet? Then as soon as the photo was taken, they threw snow at each other. Oh yeah, feel the love!Yeah, see how you can't see our lower legs? That is no mere ledge... that-is-SNOW!


So , you might be wondering what any of this has to do with hobos. Yeah Sara, nice pictures... but why the hobo title?

So after we thawed out, we ate dinner and then watched the Super Bowl halfheartedly... at halftime Ronnie, Anna, and I made up a play to give for Dad, Meghan, and Mom. It was called The Hobo Play... the most fun part was A) we got to eat leftover potato bread as a 'prop' and B) we got to muss our faces with black and brown eye shadow :) I even made Ronnie have a black eye (I didn't do it, I swear!) I was Darcy, Anna was Grace, and Ronnie was Jack (Gabrielle, no comment!) Anyways, even though some cast members got the giggles (I don't wanna point fingers but RONNIE-ANNA!) it turned out to be a really good play. We all sang It is Well and then took some bows at the end... it was fun. Here are the pictures:I love this picture, look at the sibling love :-)Singing It Is Well

Reading Lessons, hobo style

Lovingly looking over our little hobo family

The whole plot of the play was there were three hobo kids: Darcy (15) Jack (9) and Grace (6) whose parents had died. They were on the run from the police because they didn't want to be split up and go into foster homes. They only have one box of belongings: Raggedy Ann (Anna's contribution), three slices of potato bread (Donated in the play by a kind lady), some raisins, tissues (a must for Anna's runny nose) two books (Tom Sawyer and Pilgrims Progress, and a hymnal. This is all their belongings besides the clothes on their backs, a rough wool blanket, and a water jar. One night, Jack hears some police dogs. He panics and runs away. Darcy and Grace wake up to find him gone and they have no choice but to leave. The siblings are split and they find comfort and solace in the hymn they know so well, It is Well. The big reunion at the end is handled lightly, and then the curtain call.

Thank you, you have been a wonderful audience!

Sara

3 comments:

Judy Kay said...

Applause***Applause***!!!!!!
Very good!

Ella said...

That would have been much better to watch during halftime than The Who....y'all weren't missing much!

Love you all!!

Michaela said...

wow, Sara.. to give your brother a black eye AND THEN post a picture on the blog?? You got nerve, girl.

*wink wink*
I'm jus kidding- I'm glad you all are on the mend!! we miss you guys! =)