Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Wanderings in the Kitchen: Betty Crocker Apple 'Pudding'

I think this hit it out of the park! I tripled the recipe and there were no leftovers! I'll write out the real recipe's ingredients, and then the recipe where I changed some things to suit our needs and the directions which go for both recipes. :) Oh, and I don't have any pictures because we all scarfed it down too fast! :)

Gluten recipe:
Ingredients:
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tea. vanilla
1 egg
1 medium apple, chopped
1/2 c. chopped nuts
Gluten-Free, low sugar, for a larger family recipe
1 c. sugar (we used natural)
1 c. sweet white rice flour or brown rice flour (you can use white or wheat if you can)
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of vanilla
4 eggs (note: I found it very hard to mix which is why I added an extra egg)
3 medium apples, chopped
1 1/2 c. nuts (I used a scarce cup because that's what we had on hand)
Optional: pinch of cinnamon
Directions:
(Variations for gluten recipe in parantheses)
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Grease 13 by 9 pan (or 9 by 1 1/4 pie plate), set aside
3. Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and eggs in bowl
4. Fold in apples and nuts
5. Pour batter-it was thick and rather chunky-into pan
6. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes clean
It was really good and I believe Sara is making it this week. :) Enjoy!

No comments: