Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bamboo yarn...and a special birthday!

I have a new favorite yarn! I picked up some of this #10 bamboo crochet thread...never have I worked with something so delicate before...and it was such a joy to work with! This is the scarf that I made for my sister, Lori's birthday today! The pattern is not too lacey, but with the bamboo...light and SO soft! It happens to also be the exact shade of green that matches her eyes.


Here is Lori with your little man, Ty...he carried in yellow roses to give to her for her birthday, and he was so cute! She has been away for 2 days while Ty stayed here, and he was so happy to see her!


Anna loves her Aunt Lori and insisted on getting her picture taken as well!
Happy Birthday, Lori!!! We love you!
~Now....after 2 nights with an 18 month old....I am off to bed! Hope everyone sleeps in tomorrow! :) ~Sue~

2 comments:

Dayna said...

I love the scarf, Sue! I simply MUST take lessons when we return. I like the thought of bamboo. I actually bought some bamboo quilt batting when we were in PA. I like the thought of it.

Judy Kay said...

Oh, I love that yarn! Where did you get it? I have to say that in all of my years of crocheting I've never used real wool, have you? I've always just bought the synthetic yarns from the craft stores. As I'm really trying to get back to the natural things, I'd love to try this yarn!
Now, how cute is Ty sitting there with his mommy!??? Oh, so sweet!!! Little Anna is as cute as a button too!
Dan's little great nephew will be 1 next month and we ordered him a Kentucky Wildcat t-shirt that came today, it was a 2T! It's been so long since we had anything that tiny in our home! I know what you mean about having more babies, I've been through that also...but now I'm just looking forward to lots of grandbabies!
God certainly knows what we can handle so much better than we do!
He is good!
God Bless you my dear friend!
Love,
Judy