Friday, January 8, 2010

The weather outside is frightful.....

But...inside.....another story! Here are some scenes from our day....the weather this winter has reminded me so much of the winters we used to have when I was young...the snow never really melted much...we would just get more! The view outside my kitchen window...I am blessed to have a hemlock that is always green...
Well over 7 inches of snow and counting....they are calling for 1-3 more inches overnight tonight....our 9th straight day of snow!

View off of the deck...


Our shed in the back....the arborvitae also stay green all year...so out the kitchen door and thru the diningroom window I am able to see green....right now, everything looks dusted with powdered sugar!
Our huge ball of ice and snow in the front yard...waiting for the middle and top to make our snowman! Maybe when we are out of this arctic freeze on Monday or Tuesday, the kids can get outside and have some fun...and get our snowman done!
But inside on this snowy day....fun playing Wii...by the little ones (who are much better than I am!) And the big ones....Meghan was the queen of homeruns tonight and Sara cleaned up at tennis! We're really enjoying this!

My beautiful daughters....talking (at the same time on speaker phone!) to one of their best friends in Idaho!

TONS of chicken broth made! Had chicken soup for dinner and will be freezing most of the rest.
A fire in the fireplace....
Watching Casablanca with Meghan and Sara...now that my little ones are asleep!


A fresh bowl of popcorn....
And warm, soft yarn on my hook! What a wonderful way to spend a snowy day! ~Sue~

5 comments:

a said...

Ah, Casablanca...

Such a great movie.

Ella said...

I hope Sara got through Casablanca alright =)

It was so good to talk to y'all after what I know was a busy week for you.

When I see you, let's see how I go at Wii

Morgan said...

I absolutely LOVE all this snow that we are getting! I think that if it's going to be cold, it might as well be snowing!:)We should go sled riding sometime...

Michaela said...

Ah! I LOVE the picture of you girls on the phone..it's very cute, and I know fun is being had in the meantime! =) We've been doing alot of that "speaker phone talking" lately with Sidney.....it's hard to remember to hold it up to your mouth when you're talking, though!
See ya soon!!! <3

Nella said...

I love your snow photos! I'm from an island in the pacific. I hope to see snow someday, but I'm pretty sure I'd hate it after a few days. :P