Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cooking slow.....

My new best friend! I've been going on http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ this website for over a year now....all healthy recipes, all gluten free....so cool! Now, because I like to have a book to carry from room to room with me (or out on the deck in the summertime), I received this wonderful cookbook for my birthday....and it was worth the wait!
In the last 3 days, we've had the buffalo chicken lasagna, chicken & rice, and black bean soup...delicious! As of yesterday, we are back to lots of activities (who schedules these for dinner time?!) and this cookbook has been a lifesaver! Right now, breakfast is in the crockpot for tomorrow as we speak...no rushing, and a healthy, hot breakfast! I encourage those of you who find yourself very busy (or not home) towards dinnertime to check out this website and try some recipes, I think you will be hooked too! ~Sue~

3 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Thanks for sharing that link. I'm always on the look out to find more great recipes for my crock pot.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful blog! It's great to see a Christian family doing things together and for one another.
I've read back several days, and it was like a worship service, complete with music. I'm stuck on humming "For the Beauty of the Earth" now. I hum--I don't sing. It's my gift of mercy to anyone in earshot.

Sue--you mention recipes are gluten free. If gluten is a problem, I'd be happy to share my recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup. It's a crockpot recipe, too.

God bless and keep you all,
Cathy Marie Hake

Sue said...

Love this cookbook...glad someone can use some recipes!

Cathy...thanks so much for your kind words about the blog...my daughters and I have had a lot of fun with it. I WOULD like your recipe for Chicken tortilla soup! Thanks for sharing! Also...I have to tell you...my daughters and I LOVE your books! Can't wait for the next one! God bless you! ~Sue~