I grew up with the traditional Sunday dinner....either at our house or my Gram's. Sunday was always "family day"...usually the grandparents and/or aunts and uncles. Since Ron was raised the same way, we have chosen to carry on the tradition.
Last Sunday, we went to Ron's mom's house for chicken and potatoes. (Viv, I can hear you laughing!) My sister-in-law was there, we had 2 desserts...tea, and lots of laughter!
Today, after church, we were origionally only going to have my dad and step-mom...but then we added my sister and her new "beau"....then my other sister, brother-in-law and Ty came over for dessert. What fun we all had!
We had a wonderful traditional dinner of roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, carrots and rolls. Then....3 desserts tonight! Trifle, brownies and apple crisp! Yum!
The best part is my daughters and I all in the kitchen together preparing...then talking, reminiscing, laughing, sharing time together and making memories. I think that is my favorite part of Sunday dinners...the memories. Time with family, grandparents and cousins is precious. Sometimes, in today's society, everyone is so very busy and running around...some people work on Sundays, people living out of state...that I think it is nice to stop, slow down...and take time to spend with the people you love and make memories...time flies much too fast. My daughter has been playing a song called "Legacy"...and the words have been stuck in my mind...."I want to leave a legacy....how will they remember me?" There are so many 'legacies' I would like to leave my children, nieces and nephews....but the most important one is a Godly, biblical worldview...one with His word first...and of course...family and memories.
Hope you all have special family memories from your Sundays! God bless! ~Sue~
1 comment:
I enjoyed Sundays at your house! Now, I know why the girls didn't call me =) (And don't fret about it, Meghan!!)
Love you!
Post a Comment