Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Memories....

Thanksgiving 2009....so much to be thankful for!!! After an insanely busy week and weekend... and me not feeling well...I finally got around to posting our pictures! We were able to celebrate with family from my side and Ron's....see family in from out of town...it was a nice day! The Gorecki family at my mom's house...Meghan 16, Sara 14, Ronnie almost 8 and Anna 5...Ron & I....old! LOL
" Grammy's Girls"...Tina 13, Sara 14, Lauren 20, Anna 5 and Meghan 16

Our little Angel, Ty with his best friend, Anna....
One of our many "sister" pictures...(they always put me in the middle!)


My mom and I at the end of a wonderful meal and visit...and then it was off to Ron's mom's house....
Where we were thrilled to spend time with Ben, Crystal and my Great-Nephew, Hayden, who were visiting from Delaware. I FINALLY finished Hayden's quilt in time to give it to them. It ended up much bigger than I thought....so it should last him a very long time! He is growing so fast (and is so darn cute!)...even if he is giving his mommy and daddy a run for their money! LOL(that's what babies do!)
Great-Grandma, RoRo....dancing with Hayden in the kitchen.
Ron's sister , Mauren....otherwise known now as "Grandma ReRe" with Hayden...he looks so much like his daddy did as a baby!

This is what little girl cousins do when they have nothing else to do...."draw" on the condensation on the door with their feet...check out Anna and Julia!

Ron's brother Sean was in from Chicago...Ronnie LOVES spending time with Uncle Sean!


~Friday morning, the girls and I got up and headed out to do some shopping. First, we hit Starbucks around 8am (Sara treats every year) ...then headed to Joann's Fabric for some great sales...from there, we headed to Michael's for more craft supplies/gifts....then we visited my great aunt in the hospital...after which we had the BEST pizza (hey...we needed nourishment for the rest of the day!)...then to the resale shop and Family Christian stores....finally home to decorate for Christmas! Thank goodness Meghan had made an extra casserole the other day...we were able to pop it into the oven, then light a fire and relax when we were done!


Yesterday, we did a lot of cleaning and then.... RoRo took 3 special little girls to see the play "Madeline's Christmas"...cousins, Anna, Molly and Julia. They had a great time, then she treated them to Sarris' for icecream! What a treat!
Anna picked out her "princess" dress to wear to the play

The happy girls after the play and icecream...


~We spent the rest of the day cleaning up....made some popcorn, watched the Crippled Lamb....and hit the hay! Today...after a wonderful time of worship and a timely sermon on "rejoicing always, praying continuously and giving thanks in ALL circumstances"....only possible with the Holy Spirit!


Hit the grocery store after church...then Ronnie has his friends, Steven & David over for the afternoon....it is so nice outside!!! Yesterday...the Lord provided us with a FREE basketball hoop! I've wanted one since I was young...I wanted one at the old house, and I've wanted one here....yesterday, someone was giving one away for FREE....what a blessing!!! We've had so much fun already! (Ronnie can't believe I can play basketball!) Not only does the Lord provide for our needs...but He delights in giving us the desires of our hearts! Now it is off to finish dinner....do our devotions for Advent...light a fire and have a special beginning to our Advent season! God bless everyone! ~Sue~

3 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Whew! What a busy time you all had! I did some shopping Friday also, and hit our local Hobby Lobby and thrift stores! Forget the malls!!!

Ella said...

I cry every year when I read the Crippled Lamb. It is such a beautiful story!

Ella said...

I just noticed something: was it Danny's pizza or somewhere else. Because how could you get pizza and not have it be Danny's?!