Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday suppers...and good friends!

No pictures this time...forgot to take any! LOL Yesterday, we had our dear friends, the Henderson's, come visit with us from Ohio. First, I took Ronnie and Anna over to play with their golden retriever, Gunner....how they love this dog!!! Anna, especially loves Gunner. He was so happy and excited to see them! Anna had him doing so many tricks and playing that he took a long nap after we left! LOL Then, Chuck, Stephanie and their sons, Charles and David, came for dinner and the evening. We had such a great time!

Meghan and Sara helped me prepare dinner. We had a wonderful dinner of sauteed boneless chicken breasts, oven roasted potatoes, carrots, green beans, mushrooms and homemade dinner rolls....then homemade chocolate custard for dessert. Delicious!

After dinner, the guys watched the hockey game while Stephanie and I played "Clue " with the older ones. It was such fun! I think I used to be much more observent when I was younger! LOL

Anna cracked everyone up by being silly and repeatedly saying "pumpernickel bread"....which had everyone cracking up! Hopefully, we'll be able to get together again over Christmas, weather permitting!

~Today was Sunday...Ron was on vacation all last week, so he was able to go to church with us this morning! It was so nice to worship as a family! We came home to a crockpot full of homemade wedding soup and rolls...then Ron took Ronnie and Anna to a train show, and the girls went to Starbucks with their friend, Danielle.....so....after I put a roast in the oven , I went for a nap....and woke up at 5:30pm! It was so nice to sleep! I don't sleep very well most days...so sometimes when it catches up with me...I just collapse. Today was one of those days! It really blessed me so much to rest today!

Now...after a dinner of roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, and green beans (which the girls cleaned up! Thanks, Girls!) The 3 older girls are finishing watching "Gone with the Wind"...while Ron and I watch "Nim's Island" with Ronnie and Anna...and eat some icecream...... a quiet Sunday with family...and a wonderful weekend with good friends! We have had a very blessed weekend! Now....another busy week! Tomorrow, Meghan & Sara and I have our monthly 'Maiden's' meeting...after Anna has dance, and Ronnie has hockey. Tuesday, more dance, this time for Sara....another cubscout den meeting here on Wednesday, then the girls and I are off to see a musical at a local highschool of "White Christmas"...we're very excited about that! And...hopefully, my dear friend, Jolyn, will be feeling better by Friday, so we can go to Ohio and celebrate her birthday with her! Hope you all have a blessed week, too!~
God bless you all!!! ~Sue~

3 comments:

Ella said...

I was disappointed to not find pictures, Mrs. Gorecki. I count on those from you!

but I loved the update all the same!

Michaela said...

Fun! It sounds like you all had a great time!!

The Saturday Pens game was AWESOME, but I'm sure you all knew that! =P 6 to 5...Whoo-HOOOO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was pumpernickel MUFFIN, Sue. lol Remember?...sit on a pumpernickel muffin...boof! Hope you feel better, Sara.

Stephanie