Monday, November 23, 2009

Special memories with Ohio Friends!

On Friday, Ron's day off...we headed out to Ohio to spend the day with our very special friends, the Teeter family. As I may have mentioned on here before, Jolyn and I were reunited as friends by our Heavenly Father last year...after a 20 year absence...and reunited closer than we ever were in the past when we were growing up...true "Sisters" of the heart! It is wonderful that our husbands get a long so well, too! So...we headed out....got to their home, relaxed for a little while, before heading out to a buffet resteraunt that Jolyn's dad manages for a HUGE, wonderful lunch/early dinner....after being thoroughly stuffed, we all went back to their cozy home to laugh, visit and relax! Here is Jolyn, my Meghan, her Autumn and me talking and visiting. Meghan is embroidering His/Hers pillowcases for a friends wedding coming up soon, and I am crocheting an afghan for the new married couple....Jolyn was admiring our work....she is so uplifting and sweet!!! A little background...she had a brain anerisym years ago, and is doing so well....but she is a constant reminder to me of how precious every minute is...especially with family, children and those that you love....you never know when that will be gone.
Anna and Autumn...Autumn is so sweet and cheerful...so giving, so good with Anna! She stayed with us for a week this summer and was such a joy to have! Can't wait until she can stay with us again!

These two....Sara and Autumn...their birthdays are only weeks apart....and they hit it off right away....true soulmates! Together...they crack us up!!!
Jolyn and my Meghan....we all love Jolyn so much!!! Both of the girls love talking to her about things and sharing things with her....she is just so loving and sweet!

~We forgot to take any pictures of us! Or the hubbys! But....we all had a wonderful time visiting and talking. We got to know Jolyn's son, Michael a little better...he is very quiet, so the fact that he stayed home on a Friday night to visit with family friends, was very nice for a 16 year old boy to do!

I have to remind myself to be grateful....grateful that we are so close now, and that they ONLY love alittle more than 2 hours away....and not wish they lived 20 minutes away!!! I have to do the same with my friend, Stephanie who also lives in Ohio....I guess, since I've conquered my fear of driving on the interstates, that 2 hours isn't THAT far!!!

Jolyn and Mike....thanks for the great visit! Next time...the football hall of fame (not for me!) ...and LEHMAN'S!!! Can't wait! Jolyn...don't stress over Thanksgiving....enjoy!!! Love you all! ~Sue~

2 comments:

Michaela said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! I wasn't expecting you not have a fun time,anyway, if that makes sense..... =)

Farmgirl Cyn said...

There truly are friends that are closer than a brother. Looks like you all had a wonderful time visiting, and no, 2 hours is not that far!