A very happy 16th birthday to my "other daughter"...Elissa Virginia Papantonakis! Tonight, Lissa came straight from school to have her special birthday dinner with us...her favorites...tacos/burritos....and brownies for her dessert! We were so glad she could come and celebrate her birthday with us! 

Below...it all started when Jamie moved in across the street from us. I was still working, so didn't really get to know her really well until we were both expecting our daughters..Meghan & Elissa...I love this picture from my baby shower, summer 1993. (sorry about the pictures being weird and the captions seeming off...I just learned how to use my scanner and was in a hurry to scan these while Ty was sleeping!) 

Above, Jamie and Elissa and Meghan and I, summer 1994...and again tonight....we hope to do pictures like these every so many years...watching our precious daughters grow up into beautiful young women!
Meghan and Elissa at one year old....
Playing together summer they were 2 years old....
Elissa's 3rd birthday party... below....
The girls before starting kindergarten...
And tonight...both beautiful 16 year olds!
Jamie and I and our oldest daughters....living across the street from each other....the girls went back and forth as if each home were her own...playing like sisters, fighting like sisters...sharing everything. So many memories....from playing house, dolls, dress up, building people pyramids, sled riding and making snowmen, swimming and sprinklers in the summer...baking cookies together...so many special memories...and a lot more to come!


Above, Jamie and Elissa and Meghan and I, summer 1994...and again tonight....we hope to do pictures like these every so many years...watching our precious daughters grow up into beautiful young women!
Meghan and Elissa at one year old....
Playing together summer they were 2 years old....Elissa's 3rd birthday party... below....
The girls before starting kindergarten...
And tonight...both beautiful 16 year olds!Meghan, and Elissa 13 years old...Sara almost 11 years old...
And tonight...3 years later.
Sara and Elissa...
Jamie and I and our oldest daughters....living across the street from each other....the girls went back and forth as if each home were her own...playing like sisters, fighting like sisters...sharing everything. So many memories....from playing house, dolls, dress up, building people pyramids, sled riding and making snowmen, swimming and sprinklers in the summer...baking cookies together...so many special memories...and a lot more to come! Happy 16th Birthday, Elissa! We love you very much!



2 comments:
Why did you have to go and make me cry??? All those memories.
Aw! You all look so gorgeous!! Tell Lissa a belated "happy birthday" from me!!! =)
Post a Comment