
I have been thinking of this all week....why do I blog? I knew this would be our 300th post...since last December. I had no idea we would be so prolific with our writing...but God had other plans. I blog first and foremost....for my family.
I blog because I have discovered, that I love to write...it is a great creative outlet for me! Mostly, I blog as a sort of family journal/scrapbook of our everyday life. We have many family members and friends who keep up with what is going on in our lives...and it is a good way to keep in touch. I would like to have it printed, year by year and have as a keepsake...still looking into how cost effective that would be, but I would love it. But, I also know that it is out here in "cyberspace"...that if our computer crashes, it would all still be there....that as my hands hurt more and more and writing by hand becomes much more difficult than typing....this is also how I like to journal. (I still have my hand written journal...but, sadly, I don't keep up with it as much as I would like)
Blogging is a great 'homeschooling' tool for creative writing for my girls as well. They have distinctive writing styles, personalities...and I have always encouraged them to write. I like the pieces that they have done, and Sara is turning into quite the computer artist! (Is that the correct term?! I'm not sure...but I think you all know what I mean!)
After scrolling back thru the blog, thru the past year....I wonder what this coming year holds for us...of course, the holidays are coming up...many, many family birthdays...2 weddings...vacations....and of course, just everyday life in our home.
So to all of our family and friends....thanks so much for caring about us and reading this little piece of our lives! God bless you all today! ~Sue~
I blog because I have discovered, that I love to write...it is a great creative outlet for me! Mostly, I blog as a sort of family journal/scrapbook of our everyday life. We have many family members and friends who keep up with what is going on in our lives...and it is a good way to keep in touch. I would like to have it printed, year by year and have as a keepsake...still looking into how cost effective that would be, but I would love it. But, I also know that it is out here in "cyberspace"...that if our computer crashes, it would all still be there....that as my hands hurt more and more and writing by hand becomes much more difficult than typing....this is also how I like to journal. (I still have my hand written journal...but, sadly, I don't keep up with it as much as I would like)
Blogging is a great 'homeschooling' tool for creative writing for my girls as well. They have distinctive writing styles, personalities...and I have always encouraged them to write. I like the pieces that they have done, and Sara is turning into quite the computer artist! (Is that the correct term?! I'm not sure...but I think you all know what I mean!)
After scrolling back thru the blog, thru the past year....I wonder what this coming year holds for us...of course, the holidays are coming up...many, many family birthdays...2 weddings...vacations....and of course, just everyday life in our home.
So to all of our family and friends....thanks so much for caring about us and reading this little piece of our lives! God bless you all today! ~Sue~
2 comments:
congradulations on your 300th post, can't wait to read the next 300 posts on your life and see how the Lord works in all your lives. God bbless you all and can't wait to read what the littles add as their little touches to the blog...
Love you all,
Jolyn
I am so glad that you blog so I can read about the changes in your life. Your story is my favorite "book" to read because I love all the characters and it is interesting to read how the True Writer of our stories is developing His characters. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the apple picking. You look so happy with Ron there!
Love to you,
Stephanie
Post a Comment