Monday, October 26, 2009

Michaela's Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party

This past Friday, Sara, Mum and I attended the sweet 16 birthday party for Michaela! It was such fun-and yummy! The theme was 'Coffee-Bar'-in essence, YUM!! Mrs. W, Michaela's great mom, opted for decaf coffee, though. :) Such wise women we have as our mothers! :) It was so special to celebrate Michaela's upcoming 16th birthday since we've been friends for almost ten years now. Love you, Michaela!

The colors were very pretty-red, white and black. I had a vanilla latte-and Michaela had mocha. Just one of the ways where we differ-though I do still love chocolate. Michaela had some of her closest friends around her as you can see in the picture below:



Back row: Sarah, Me, Sara, Michaela's sister Arianna,
Middle Row: Michaela's sister Morgan, Michaela and Bella
Front row: (Two of my favorite little girls) Michaela's sister Tess and Rachel, Sarah's sister
Michaela got so many neat, and pretty gifts! Sarah C made her a homemade bowl out of an old record-she's going to teach us how to make them soon. It was SO cute. :) We played a very fun game where we all had to write down answers to questions on slips of paper, toss them together and Mrs. W read them aloud. Then we all had to guess who gave each answer-it was a blast! Even Mum, Mrs. W and Mrs. P (Michaela and Bella's moms, respectively) participated.
The whole evening was a blast-full of sugar, games, laughs, but best of all, great friends all celebrating Michaela's 16th birthday together. So here are a few pictures of the evening with accompanying captions. :)



The lovely birthday girl opening a gift



Isn't that smile precious? This is the huge project I've been working on for awhile-for Michaela to keep in her hope chest, on her bed, and use in her future home. :)


Two peas in a white pod. :) This picture was Michaela's idea. :) Isn't it cute?


I am SO getting this picture framed!!! I am so blessed and privileged to know and love Michaela! I thank the Lord He saw fit to bring each other into our lives for so many years and many more years to come. Love you!

6 comments:

Ella said...

I love how the afghan turned out, Meghan! You did an amazing job on it.

Tell Michaela "Happy belated birthday" for me, will you?

Jolyn said...

How very special that is with your friends. Good friends are not always easy to come by. It also takes work to be a friend, If it is a good friend it is always worth it. But one thing to remember make time for your friends, it might not mean anything now but as you get older and move on it will. All my love to you Megan you are so sweet and such a beautiful Godly young lady.
Jolyn

Katie said...

Oh that afghan is soooo pretty!! It looks like you girls had a lovely time together. Thank you for posting the pictures, Miss Meghan:)
Love you!

sarah elaine said...

It definitely was a fun party!
And all the pictures are nice, Meghan-- but I'm blinking in the first one. ;]

Katie said...

Me again:)

Meghan, did you get my e-mail about the dishcloths and pens?????

Michaela said...

Hehe-I like the one of us "wearing" the afghan! =P
I love you too!!

Ella- Thank you! =) I'm so sorry you can't come up, though...=( I'm praying for you and you're family.