Sunday, September 6, 2009

A special wedding celebration!

Ron's youngest brother, Tommy, got married yesterday!!! What a special, beautiful wedding it was for Tom and Kelli! Welcome,Kelli, to the family! The smile on Tom's face as he watched Kelli walk down the aisle towards him...priceless!
The three brothers before the wedding...Sean on the left, Tom in the middle and my hubby (the oldest) Ron, on the right....

Ron and I on the alter before the wedding...20 years ago, we got married in this same spot...we had to get a picture! It was very special to us, to be watching Tommy & Kelli exchange vows 20 years after we did in the very same spot.


If you look closely, you can see a "lasso" of rhinestones around Kelli & Tommy....in Kelli's family, a mexican tradition is for the parents of the bride to place a 'lasso' around the couple sympolizing the joining of their lives together...then the groom hands the bride a bag of coins for safekeeping, symbolizing his trust in her. Yes...tears were flowing from me all day! Tom & Kelli used the same ones used by her parents on their wedding day in 1971!
Introducing....the "New"....Mr & Mrs Gorecki!
Another tradition in Kelli's family...a real mariachi band at the church...they did all the reponsorial songs....and hymns...it was so beautiful!

My sweet niece, Amanda and her boyfriend,Dan flew in from Vegas for the weekend. I hadn't seen her since she left in December...we talk on the phone all the time, but it was so nice to spend time with her and see how very happy she is!
Tom is a City of Pittsburgh police officer...and in this picture, all of the officers present came forward with Tom in the middle while the dj played the theme from "Hill Street Blues" tv show! It was the safest wedding I've every been to!
Being with family is always special, and having my mother-in-law, Ro being able to celebrate with all her siblings was very special! Uncle Jack, Ro, Aunt Peppy and Uncle Mike. Uncle Mike came in from Florida...so it is always special to see him!
Tons of dancing at this wedding! Kelli loves to dance, so the night was filled with dancing, laughter and fun!
Ron had to work at 2am, so I took this picture right before we left, at 10:30pm....they were having so much fun! Look how very,very happy they are!!! God bless you, Tom & Kelli!
Love, Sue

4 comments:

Ella said...

I love the gerber daisies in Kelli's bouquet. I plan on having those!

Would I be right if I said that Amanda was "Aunt ReRe's" daughter?

Michaela said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Mr. Gorecki in front of the altar. What a special time to see how far the Lord has brought you both from that day! :) Blessings!

Morgan said...

Awww!I absolutely LOVE weddings! I'm so happy for your whole family!

Patti said...

Gorgeous photo of you and Ron!! Do you see lots of change from the one taken at your wedding?

Happy day,
Love,
Patti