Thursday, September 10, 2009

Snickerdoodle day....

Today was our third day back to homeschooling. I know I will be fondly remembering these days, but I am very pleasantly surprised with how our days are going. No one is complaining...everyone is loving learning, and we're all having a great time. Ok...so not a whole lot of cleaning and chores are getting done...plus, we've had Ty for the last 2 days....but he is fitting right into our routine, and hopefully, over the next week or two we'll get back into a workable routine with both chores and schoolwork. Tonight, we made snickerdoodle cookies for a cubscout fundraiser. We are all working our local community day festival on Saturday...Ron & Ronnie at the cubscout booth, the girls and I at our churches booth...Anna joining us, of course!
Whoo! Tons of snickerdoodles...but for a good cause...and the house sure smells good right about now! Ok...cookies are bagged up, and I'm heading for bed, while Ron watches the Steeler football game. Calling for a lot of rain tomorrow....we'll see what our rainy holds!
God bless you all! ~Sue~

5 comments:

Viv said...

Looks yummy. Tell Meghan that Quin asked for her yesterday. He said, "Mommy, I want to go see Meghan." So cute. He especially seemed to enjoy playing with the cars she brought.

Patti said...

As I've said before, I'm envious of that rain. We DID have a very rare day of rain in august, but other than that, we probably won't get any rain until November. Wish you could send some our way.

Those snickerdoodles look delish!! They are one of my favorite cookies. I'm kind of a cinnamon freak, so anything with the smell of cinnamon tickles my palate.

Blessings on your day!

Love,
Patti

Author at 661 said...

Ooooh! I am going to have to remember that these cookies are at the cub scout booth... yummy!

I'm hoping to be at community day at some point tomorrow. Not certain on the time slot; it'd be great to see you there!

Michaela said...

I LOVE bake sales- and those cookies look scrumptios! Can't wait to hear all about your day. :)

At the FISH meeting we talked about possiblely having a bakesale fundraiser to raise money for the prom and other events that may cost money (like laser tag or something.) Obviously we wouldn't go to the prom (>P) but it would still be fun to bake/sell stuff!!!!

Dayna said...

Hooray for Snickerdoodles!