Friday, September 11, 2009

Good food, good friends...Friday night fun!

Well....once again, the rain changed our plans! We were supposed to go to somerset for the Mountain craft days, but with them calling for tons of rain east, we decided to get somethings done here at home...and ended up having good friends for the afternoon, dinner and the evening....again, "plan B" was a hit!

The girls had their friends, Michaela, Morgan and Hannah over. They hung out doing crafts, eating popcorn and talking before dinner, then after a dinner of delicious zucchini corn chowder (recipe to follow), cheddar garlic biscuits and a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing (Hannah made it..it was wonderful!) They proceeded to play "Clue". Yes...it was a great game!

Followed by...a rousing game of "spoons"! The shrieks and laughter were hysterical...tons of fun! I loved listening to them! I dearly love having my children's friends over...and hope that they all know that they are welcome here anytime! Time for bed...busy day tomorrow. Here is the recipe for the chowder. Enjoy! ~Sue~

~Zucchini Corn Chowder~ ( I never measure, so estimate to your best ability!)

Sautee a large onion in butter until translucent. Add lots of chicken broth, shredded zucchini and corn (I used corn cut off the cob) Add salt and pepper to taste...thicken slightly with cornstarch and cold water...and enjoy! For the cheddar garlic biscuits, I simply used a biscuit recipe, added shredded sharp cheddar cheese, and made drop biscuits...when they came out of the oven, I brushed them with melted butter with garlic powder. Simple...but a hit!

4 comments:

Ella said...

Lots of fun, spoons is. I haven't played it in a few years

Michaela said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe, Mrs. Gorecki! I'm going to have to make it for mom to try. It's nearing soup season now that it's getting colder! YUM!
Also, thanks for having all us girls over. Morgs and I had such a great time! hope your fund raiser goes well. =)

Michaela said...

Gabrielle,
I heard that you'll be coming out for Sara and Anna's birthdays!!!=D That's so exciting!! We'll totally have to play a game of spoons with you (among other things....=] ) But no one should be deprived of a good, hoopla of a game like spoons! =P

Ella said...

Oh yes, Michaela, we'll have to do a lot of things. I would like to get to know you better =)