What a very, very busy weekend! With the wedding on Saturday, on Sunday after church, we had 2 family reunions! One on my side and one on Ron's...we were very blessed to be able to spend time with special family members who were visiting from out of town.
First...we headed over to my cousin's house for the afternoon. Here are my sister Lori, my mom, my sister Pammy and me....lounging poolside! LOL
My mom and her sisters...Aunt Marilyn, Aunt Pat, Aunt Joan and my mom...the baby of the family! My Aunt Joan flew up from Alabama for a visit...and the sisters are having such fun together!
My cousin, Kim and I....she is doing pretty well with her illness, and as usual...we laugh!
All the cousins had a blast swimming and hanging out...here is Maria, my Sara and Tina
Yes...I got my "Ty fix" for the day! When he isn't here, I miss him so much! He had such a good time in and out of the pool!
I had such a hard time getting Ronnie, Sara and Anna out of the pool when it was time to leave...they had so much fun! Here are Ronnie, Anna, Uncle Todd and Ty
Meghan and I in the shade on the deck...it sure got warm out today! After my cousin's house...we packed up the trusty suburban, got another crockpot of homemade baked beans and headed down to Ron's mom's house to visit family there!
First...we headed over to my cousin's house for the afternoon. Here are my sister Lori, my mom, my sister Pammy and me....lounging poolside! LOL
My mom and her sisters...Aunt Marilyn, Aunt Pat, Aunt Joan and my mom...the baby of the family! My Aunt Joan flew up from Alabama for a visit...and the sisters are having such fun together!
My cousin, Kim and I....she is doing pretty well with her illness, and as usual...we laugh!
All the cousins had a blast swimming and hanging out...here is Maria, my Sara and Tina
Yes...I got my "Ty fix" for the day! When he isn't here, I miss him so much! He had such a good time in and out of the pool!
I had such a hard time getting Ronnie, Sara and Anna out of the pool when it was time to leave...they had so much fun! Here are Ronnie, Anna, Uncle Todd and Ty
Meghan and I in the shade on the deck...it sure got warm out today! After my cousin's house...we packed up the trusty suburban, got another crockpot of homemade baked beans and headed down to Ron's mom's house to visit family there!Ron's brother, Sean was there from Chicago, Aunts and Uncles, including Uncle Mike from Florida, and cousins Brian & Leia from Harrisburg were there as well. We had so much fun!
Ronnie and Michael Patrick...they get a long so well, and really enjoy playing together!
Anna, cousin Mia and Sara playing on the hammock!
Amanda and I....I love her so much as if she were my own daughter...I really didn't want her to go back...and yet...she is so happy there! The happiest I've ever known her to be....I'll miss her very much!
Mike and Jill
One of the last pictures of the evening...Ronnie & Michael found boxing gloves in the garage...boy, did they have fun! I think we're going to borrow them and let them have at it...they laughed and boxed for over 1/2 an hour!
Ronnie and Michael Patrick...they get a long so well, and really enjoy playing together!
Anna, cousin Mia and Sara playing on the hammock!
Amanda and I....I love her so much as if she were my own daughter...I really didn't want her to go back...and yet...she is so happy there! The happiest I've ever known her to be....I'll miss her very much!
Mike and Jill
One of the last pictures of the evening...Ronnie & Michael found boxing gloves in the garage...boy, did they have fun! I think we're going to borrow them and let them have at it...they laughed and boxed for over 1/2 an hour!I got the ultimate compliment from Ron's Uncle Mike tonight....(food wise)...I made homemade baked beans, and they have always been my mother-in-laws specialty, and she FINALLY shared the recipe with me a couple years ago. So tonight, Uncle Mike thanked Ro for making the beans and she told him I made them...he said they were so delicious, he thought they were hers! So...I finally "nailed" the beans!!! LOL We do love these beans...lots of molasses...they are so good. So now, after our two reunions....everyone is going home, but with wonderful memories of our time together, and plans to get together again as soon as we can! Probably not till the holidays for some, and maybe a year or more for others....but the memories we made today will last a lifetime! ~Sue~
1 comment:
So Aunt Joan finally made it to town, huh? Wasn't she supposed to arrive in July? (Giggle, giggle).
I know that you know this, but take it from one who has no family close by, you are abundantly blessed to live near so many of your loved ones.
Love you, dear friend,
Patti
Post a Comment