Thursday, August 13, 2009

We love Ohio...part 2 of our trip!

Our dear friend, Stephanie. As this is part 2 of our trip, I saved our last day for ....last! LOL Anyway...yesterday, Stephanie treated us to an old-time victorian Tea Parlor...imagine a victorian "Dr. Quinn" style....we loved it! Ronnie, Charles and David went to a resteraunt for lunch...then hiking down to a little river with falls...Ronnie had so much fun! Stephanie in the square(in her Audrey Hepburn outfit). The town was called "Oldstead Falls"...and they brought all of these buildings from all over Ohio, renovated them, created this little town with bricked walkways, a gazebo, train, shops, 2 eating establishments, a barber shop and many more....all authentic. It was so cool to walk around like it was the Dr. Quinn town!


The Livery Stable sign above Clementine's tea parlor.



My three beautiful daughters in the gazebo...overlooking the river.
The ice cream parlor...we were so full after the tea parlor, that we'll save this one for next time.
This is so funny....Stephanie ordered 'high tea' for all of us...and look at Anna's face...this was before food.....


THIS is Anna after her food arrived....she said "this tower is all for me?!"...and it was! She had her own food, tea pot and tea cup...she was so happy!
Steph and I
The girls thought this antique phone booth was really cool.
Clementine's Tea Parlor....






Abigail's quilt shoppe....beautiful fabrics!
The old buggy...Ronnie did NOT want his picture taken...he wanted to go off with the guys.
The town boasted a wooden 'boardwalk' outside the shops...just like in the old days so the ladies didn't have to 'muss' their skirts.
Back at Stephanie's...the boys and Sara played Wii, Anna played with the dog, while Meghan, Stephanie and I looked at some old pictures of the kids when they were little, and then we loaded up the car. We drove away with the three of them waving and Charles even had the dog, Gunner waving at Anna.


What a special time we had with good friends! Thanks, Steph, for your incredible hospitality! Looking forward to spending time with all of you again very soon! ~Sue~

3 comments:

Michaela said...

Awesome!!! Your day was packed and I have soo much to comment on! lol. :)
(1. First of all, all you girls look lovely (and I'm not just saying this either! ;P) From the pictures I could see the town looks adorable! I love the name of the tea room too. There was the cutest little girl who used to go to our church named Clementine. The name just mande me smile!! Yes, and I love Anna's face before the food arrives....I know that feeling!! :)
(2. Sara, that telephone booth that you and Anna were outside of reminded me of that one scene in "Saving Sarah Cain" with that one ldy trying to take Liddie's pic! I was laughing when I saw it.
(3. AHHH!!! Isn't Wii the coolest thing?? We played it at a friend's hosue once and I loved it! Did you do the one activity where you see how old you are in Wii years? Mine age was totally embarressing. Let's just say my friend jokes about giving me a senior discount next time we play...;)
Anyway, I'm so glad you had such a nice time! Thanks for sharing your trip with the rest of us grounded in the'Burgh. haha. See you soon!
P.S. Sorry it's so long........

Patti said...

I absolutely LOVE tearooms!! We only have one option here in Boise, but when we lived in Orlando, Gabrielle and I visited different tearooms all the time. From the time she was 7, we began having mother/daughter outings at all the various tearooms in the area.

One day, WE will be sharing a tearoom luncheon together!! (I really believe that, don't you?)

Blessings...and happy birthday tomorrow!!

Love,
Patti

Ella said...

I love Mrs. Henderson's dress. I would wear it! =)

Oh, Anna's facials expressions are priceless! It reminds me of being there.

The town does look adorable. I would love to have seen more pictures of it.