Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We love Ohio...part #1!

We just got back from a wonderful 2 day trip to visit old friends in Ohio! What a fun trip!Here is Meghan, me, Stephanie and her friend, Judy at a cute little park close to their house.

Anna, the monkey!
Ronnie...hanging with "the guys"...watching them race on their bikes.
We had a wonderful dinner Sunday night, then when my little ones went to bed, Steph and I, her two sons Charles (age 17) and David (age 14) and Meghan & Sara stayed up playing the board game, "Clue"...what a fun game! We ended up talking and laughing until after 1am! (mistake...Anna got up super early the next day!)Yesterday, we drove up to the beach at Lake Erie....how beautiful! Stephanie and I have been friends since 1999...it was wonderful spending time with her and her boys!
Meghan at the beach...she, Steph and I didn't bother to get our bathingsuits on...although, I wish I had! It was so warm, peaceful and beautiful there!
Ronnie and Charles...he is looking into applying to go to college at Patrick Henry University next fall...
The rocks that we were sitting on...and sharing with the seagulls!
Anna, Ronnie and Sara....the water was perfect! Everyone had so much fun!
David and Charles
Icecream after an afternoon of swimming....just in time before the heavy thunderstorms started!
This view was gorgeous! Can't wait to go back again soon!
Charles
Their wonderful dog, Gunner and Anna...she loves this dog SO MUCH! He had to be the best behaved dog I've ever been around...and SMART! He was so gentle with Anna, played ball for hours with her, and knows his left from his right! She misses him already!
The boys were great with Ronnie...took him under their wings, taught him things, listened to him and taught him some cool Lego things...they also shared David's drum set with him...he was really good! (Hmm....maybe there is a drum set in the future for our home.)

Stephanie took the girls and I to Old Time Pottery. This shop was great! Tons of housewares....incredibly priced! I got 2 oil lamps, lamp oil, dish cloths and towels...even my Christmas cards! The girls got some great bargains, too! (Meghan has almost filled up her Hopechest already!)
I had to laugh...Steph got herself a new "blankie"...a soft, beautiful blush colored boucle throw.

The "Clue" gang! We had so much fun with this game! We played it both nights. I have to learn the boys 'strategy'....I couldn't figure it out either night!
This is David....telling Sara to stop trying to see his cards!!!
~What a special trip this was! Thanks, Stephanie! This was the first time we got to visit with them since they moved 6 years ago....she kept inviting us, but with having Ronnie and then Anna...and then moving (and my fear of driving on the highway....)we didn't make it until now. I'm so glad! Part two of out trip tomorrow.....wait until you see the old town that we visited when we had our 'high tea' at a victorian tea parlor! ~Sue~

5 comments:

MIchaela said...

Hey! I just got off the phone with Meghan!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip- I can't wait to see Part 2 with the Tea room. (Ahem, I did here that you had coffee, Mrs. G. AT THE COFFEE HOUSE!!!! I am shocked I tell you! ;P )
- Charles is going to Patrick Henry??!! No way! I am dually impressed. That's where Alex and Brett Harris go. It looks like an awesome scool. If I were a boy, I would go there for public speaking- but I'm not, and I'm okay with that! I cn always get in my public speaking at Maidens! *wink wink* :)

Patti said...

Sounds like a lovely time.

I LOVE the beach. The ocean is one of the things I miss about not living in Florida, although I don't miss the "dress code" (or lack thereof) of the beach. (I know your photos aren't the ocean, but of Lake Erie)

When we lived in Orlando, I used to go to Old Time Pottery all the time. Fabulous store. And such fabulous prices!!

Blessings,
Patti

Morgan said...

It sounds like you all had such a great time! I can't wait to read Part 2! I loved Sara's face in the picture of you four and the Clue game! :D

Ella said...

Gunner certainly does look like a beautiful dog! I hope you all would love NIkki and Ginger.

And I agree with Micheala...PHC! Wow! If I was a boy, I would be going there and majoring in government (big surprise, right?) But I am not a boy.....which is fine

Michaela said...

Oh Duh! I meant to say "Tea Room" in my comment! Here is what i meant to say : I'm shocked that you had coffee at the tea room. AHA! Sorry, I appear to be losing it, whatever "it" is! :P