Friday, August 21, 2009

Two Movie Reviews

I NEED TO BLOG OR MY MOTHER AND SISTER WILL TAKE OVER! LOL, just kidding... but still I noticed I haven;t posted in a while! So here I go: Hannah Montana The Movie and Inkheart. (Excerpts from Plugged In Online movie reviews)

As much as my sister groaned and rolled her eyes throughout this movie, I kind of enjoyed it. Meghan is incredulous that I could even watch it, despite the fact that I don't like Miley Cyrus. I thought it was a well written movie :) (Meghan doesn't like when I say that) Here are the pros and cons of the movie.

PROS:
1. She loves her family as she comes to see her primadonna style behavior
2. She learns that lying never works out in the long run (as she is running back and forth between a Hannah Dinner and a Miley date with a very handsome cowboy and the cowboy gets fed up with the constant coming and going.)
3. The Climb and Butterfly Fly Away are two very good songs. One is inspirational and the other is one she sings to her dad.
4. Hoedown Throwdown is just so fun!
CONS:
1. Skirts are a bit skimpy, but that is it
2. She lies and sometimes gets away with it.
3. The fame goes to her head and her manager agrees with her attitude.
ALL IN ALL:
I like this movie, but wouldn't watch it all the time. It is squeaky clean, not even an "Oh-My God" in sight.
Inkheart
We all watched this, myself with trepidations. I had no trouble watching it, I wasn't sure about the littles. They watched it with no problem and liked it.Mo Folchart and his young daughter Meggie travel from bookstore to bookstore, buying and repairing rare books. Meggie is less interested in all the dusty old novels, however, than she is in the adventures held within their pages.
Enter a mysterious scarred man called Dustfinger. And enter the fact that Meggie's dad has a secret magical ability he's been hiding from her. Suddenly boredom turns into awe and wonder as she discovers that her very own father is a silvertongue—a person who can, by reading a story aloud, import its characters into our world.
PROS:
Mo dreams of reuniting his own family. He is a loving and protective dad. And he'll do nearly anything to bring his wife back into the real world. In fact, the only thing he won't risk in that endeavor is Meggie's well-being. When Meggie is attacked, for instance, Mo is willing to sacrifice himself to save her. (And more but this is the main good part!)
Cons:
Dustfinger is battered and tossed around by Capricorn's crew. We see him later with a bloodied nose. Mo is knocked unconscious. A magical storm batters people. Dustfinger and Farid set a castle on fire. A tapestry depicts a man impaled upon a sword. Men are swept away in a malevolent twister. One of Capricorn's peons is a silvertongue with a stutter. This man can only partially read someone out of a book. He's mocked for his efforts. And as a result of his lack of clarity, the "half read" characters have deformities and/or words tattooed on their skin.
ALL IN ALL:
Great movie. Wouldn't reccommend it for little viewers though. (Use discretion)
HOPE YOU LIKED MY REVIEWS. IF YOU HAVE SEEN THESE, COMMENT!

2 comments:

Michaela said...

OMGoodness...I LOVED "INKHEART"!!!!
Brendan Fraser is awesome in those kinds of roles. I totally agree with using kids discretion, though. Morgs and I were the only ones who watched it. As my mom put it, "Inkheart" is a little on the darker side of the PG rating scale. :) Even I was a little creeped by the Shadow! the movie ending was NOT like the book at all....I actually liked the movie ending better!! :D Who was your favorite character? I loved Mo, Meggie was okay (where did the British accent come from?!) and even though he was a sneak, I liked Dustfinger pretty well, too.
I bet you would love the book (I did!) but there was a lot of swearing in it, though, which was a big down side. :(
Anyway, sorry this is quite long- I liked the movie, if you couldn't tell....;)

melissa said...

I Love the movie Inkheart! I am just finishing up the books that the movie was based off of and I like them alot!
Missy Nelson