How blessed I am! First, an update on Hayden and Crystal. Crystal had to have a transfusion today, but I hear is feeling much better. Hayden is doing well...both Ben and Crystal have gotten to hold him...can't wait to see a picture! The hole in his lung is healing nicely, but his white cell count is up, so they are keeping him on the anti-biotics..no word on when they will be home.
This morning, I woke up to this smiling face...minus his front tooth! He was so excited...and I think he looks so very cute!
Had to get my picture for my license taken today...no fun...and I never like the picture. Came home and Ron, Meghan & I had to go to the bank for some accounts...Meghan opened her first checking and saving accounts...(sigh) another milestone for my 16 year old. We switched to a local bank, where we know the manager personally (she was even in our wedding), and the teller...it is so nice to deal locally with people who know you! Sara took the little ones to the library, then we all hit the farmers market!
Check out these nectarines and golden plums!
Ron can never pass up fresh bread...and this garlic herb potato bread was calling his name! Along with wonderful chocolate milk from the "Springhouse".

This zucchini was from our garden...what the deer haven't eaten!
Fresh cucumbers and tomatoes
My wonderful helpers...shucking corn! One of the main joys of my summertimes is fresh, hot, sweet, corn on the cob! We all got some shaved ice at the farmers market as well...Sara even got a lot of EXTRA flavoring in hers!
So...dinner consisted of the bread, cucumbers, tomatoes (these cherry tomatoes were from our garden, too), corn on the cob and a mushroom, cheese, spinach frittata. It was so good!
This morning, I woke up to this smiling face...minus his front tooth! He was so excited...and I think he looks so very cute!Had to get my picture for my license taken today...no fun...and I never like the picture. Came home and Ron, Meghan & I had to go to the bank for some accounts...Meghan opened her first checking and saving accounts...(sigh) another milestone for my 16 year old. We switched to a local bank, where we know the manager personally (she was even in our wedding), and the teller...it is so nice to deal locally with people who know you! Sara took the little ones to the library, then we all hit the farmers market!
Check out these nectarines and golden plums!
Ron can never pass up fresh bread...and this garlic herb potato bread was calling his name! Along with wonderful chocolate milk from the "Springhouse".
This zucchini was from our garden...what the deer haven't eaten!
Fresh cucumbers and tomatoes
My wonderful helpers...shucking corn! One of the main joys of my summertimes is fresh, hot, sweet, corn on the cob! We all got some shaved ice at the farmers market as well...Sara even got a lot of EXTRA flavoring in hers!
So...dinner consisted of the bread, cucumbers, tomatoes (these cherry tomatoes were from our garden, too), corn on the cob and a mushroom, cheese, spinach frittata. It was so good!We got a call today, that our Uncle Ralph passed away. He wasn't really our uncle by blood, but that's what we always called him. My Uncle Rich, who passed away over Mother's day weekend was Ralph's brother....Ralph was the last of the Sacco brothers. So, when I called Aunt Helen to check on her, she said she'd like a visit...so we all piled in the suburban and went to visit her. She now lives with my cousins, and is doing well. Little Tyler, who just turned 3 keeps her busy!
Me and Aunt Helen...my Gram's only living sibling. She is so special to me!
Now that my cousin, Stacy, has Tyler, Ronnie and Anna love playing with him. He is so cute and funny! They all had a great time tonight, and the girls did too....Stacy's brother and his wife are having twin girls soon, so we had a lot of fun looking at the baby girl stuff that they have already bought, and talking about the shower coming up on August 22nd. Two twin double flannel blankets to make! I have to finish Hayden's airforce blanket, first.
Me and Aunt Helen...my Gram's only living sibling. She is so special to me!
Now that my cousin, Stacy, has Tyler, Ronnie and Anna love playing with him. He is so cute and funny! They all had a great time tonight, and the girls did too....Stacy's brother and his wife are having twin girls soon, so we had a lot of fun looking at the baby girl stuff that they have already bought, and talking about the shower coming up on August 22nd. Two twin double flannel blankets to make! I have to finish Hayden's airforce blanket, first. Ty is coming tomorrow morning, and the girls are being picked up early for their babysitting job....so I'm off! God bless! ~Sue~
6 comments:
Oh look at my Ronnie bear...how cute!! Isn't it so nice to be able to eat out of your own garden. Dinner looked very Yummy! I'm with Ron bring on the bread and butter I could almost taste it. How was the corn? We had some a week ago that was pretty good.It was good of you all to go visit with Aunt Helen, you can see some of the spark is gone after loosing her hubby..How sweet she looks. You all have a glorius day. Love you,
Jolyn
Hi, Sue!
I'm so sorry about your Uncle Ralph. One of Craig's co-workers learned today that she, too, has just lost a family member (the third one in a short time). May the Lord comfort all of you.
On a much lighter note, your frittata looks incredible! I've been craving one for a week!
Your fruit looks delicious, too. Golden plums! I've never had one, but they look tempting. There's a lot of good-looking fruit here, but we have to wash it all thoroughly before using it. So, I've only had fruit in restaurants so far.
I miss you!!
Yippee for Ronnie! I remember it was loose when I left.
Meghan has reached a milestone--it was before me (I got my checking account when I was 18.) It does come in handy, but I think Mom felt the same way you did.
Oh, boy, if I was still there, I would be "fighting" with Mr. Gorecki for that bread!! It looks so good.
It wasn't too long ago that I was shucking corn......
You know, one time I got my picture taken for my driver's license, and they had to retake it 3 times!!! I am notorioius for having my eyes closed in photos. Even some of my wedding photos have me with closed eyes!! But closed eyes are not acceptable for a driver's license, so they took it again and again...until they managed to catch the eyes open.
Also, when Garrett lost his front tooth, I remember him telling me that he was going to buy me a "joother" (juicer) for Christmas. It was SO cute!!
Blessings on your day,
Patti
Aw! I love when little kids lose their teeth!!!! Ronnie looks adorable! :)
Oh, I love all the photos. You definitely have a good firm idea of enjoying the simple things in life! The produce looks so yummy!
I've loved all the posts lately of your many, many parties you've had or been to.
Thanks for sharing your sweet family with us!!!
Love,
Judy
Post a Comment