Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A "Thrifting" day in Pleasant Hills!

We went thrifting!!! Meghan, Sara and I LOVE,LOVE thrifting...it's like a treasure hunt for us, and the Lord ALWAYS provides for us thru these outings in one way or another. Today was no exception! Along with pants that are long enough for Ronnie but will fit his skinny waste, and jean skorts perfect for active little Anna....these are some of the things that the girls and I found:Sara's personal sense of style is eclectic...sort of like her! She likes what she likes and it all represents her. Check out her bubble yum t-shirt! I remember when this gum first came out!
Sara, being Sara, had to get this Hershey's chocolate t-shirt as well....the other day she snagged a Beatles t-shirt, too!


Gabrielle found this very "Audrey Hepburn" type dress....and another beautiful pale yellow eyelet dress....she was so happy as she sometimes has trouble finding clothes that fit properly since she is so petite.

Meghan found this very cute black and white dress as well...and it looks so cute on her!
I had been looking for just these 'anti-maccassars' for the tops of our recliners, because this is where the cats like to rest. At $2 each, they were a steal!
And....these very little glasses will be perfect as "kombucha" glasses or "green lemonade" glasses....just the right size for a small serving. (for those in my family that don't like huge glasses of either one of these drinks....or for our friend Sarah Calvetti, who doesn't relish them, either!)
Unfortunately, I have been dropping glasses lately and breaking them. My wonderful step-mother is the queen of yard saleing....she found these glasses for me...and made sure they are NOT glass! She also snagged this big enamaled roaster for me as well.

After our thrifting, we drove around Pleasant Hills taking pictures of all the places that Gabrielle's mother and grandparents used to live and do things. Here is Gabrielle popping up thru the sun roof to get a picture...we laughed so hard! She was like a jack-in-the-box, popping up to take pictures....and it was pouring down rain, too!
One of the places we stopped...the Arboretum....where Gabrielle's mom used to sled ride when she was little!
Sara, my family photographer, thought this was pretty cool.
When we were all done, Gabrielle insisted on treating Meghan, Sara and I to Rita's for italian ice. Sara, again, being Sara....bought her own 'blendini'...what a nice, sweet way to refresh ourselves after our day of thrifting, photos and fun!Of course, the girls had to model for us when we got home! Sara's fun new shirt!

Gabrielle and Meghan's black and white elegance....now, we will have a relaxing evening watching "Hidden Places".....goodnight!~Sue~

2 comments:

Patti said...

Sounds like a LOVELY time. Wish I had been able to join yall. One day, Lord willing, I will!!

Meghan's dress is beautiful. (As is Gabrielle's) Some days you can find great stuff at thrift stores. I used to be quite prideful and say I would NEVER shop at thrift stores. (Be careful of that word "never") Anyhow, not only do I shop at thrift stores now...I love them!!

I went to a couple thrift stores on Saturday (by myself, since my girl is with you), and I came away with two dresses. Some days, though, I can't find anything I like. It's hit or miss.

anyhow, thanks for sharing the photos. Have a lovely evening.

Love,
Patti

Michaela said...

OH NO!! Kombucha! haha- just kidding! :P
I love, love, love Sara's bubble gum shirt- I love novelty tees; I have a Junior Mint one!! :)
Megs, you and Gabrielle both look perfectly elegant!