Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reflections of "Autumn" days!

Ok....I know it is summer!!! My dear friend's daughter, Autumn, is visiting with us this week from Ohio! Here is a little bit of what has been going on since Sunday......
Sara and Autumn
An apron that I made for a birthday party on Saturday...I love this fabric! The once a year fundraiser, Salvation Army Fabric Sale is such a bargain! So much fabric, so little time!

(I loved the fabric so much I kept using it!) This is another birthday present (the party was for triplets)...a crochet pouch to hold Julia's hooks.

The pouch all rolled up....my first time making this...it worked up quickly and easily...I'm very happy with the results!

Sara and Autumn swinging...these two crack me up...they get along so well and are having so much fun!

My "crazy Filipino" friend, Judy, stopped over with her new baby! This is the ripple afghan that Meghan made for him.
Look at him looking up at Meghan! He was so alert!


This is Judy's 4th baby, Jeremiah Thomas Logan...he looks like his sister, Isabella! This is the double flannel blanket that I made for him.

I love babies!!!
Autumn loved holding him, too!

Ty playing hockey....or eating the hockey ball! We are getting him this set for his 1st birthday in 2 weeks!

Ronnie trying to teach Ty hockey...we're trying to teach him to say "Hocka" like Ronnie did at that age!
Anna is big into dalmations and the movie "101 Dalmations" right now....she loves this one!

The joke around here is that Autumn has been doing LOTS of work and chores here! She has been pitching in with Meghan and Sara a lot, and completely uncomplaining. Here she is grating the cheese for our taco/burrito night last night.
Sara chopped the lettuce and tomato....then the two girls made "power balls" before we watched "Nim's Island" last night. Autumn has been spending a lot of time in the kitchen here!
Tonight, the girls are babysitting for Ron and I while we go to our small group. Tomorrow, Autumn goes home...but not before we all get to spend a fun day together in Amish country! We are meeting Autumn's parents in Sugar Creek, Ohio, to spend the day, tour the cheese factory and Amish shops , then have dinner at an Amish resteraunt before coming home....a nice, family day trip....and getting to spend the day with Autumn's parents is a treat, too! Looking forward to tomorrow....and a fun filled weekend, with a graduation party, and Father's Day to cap it all off! Ah....summertime! ~Sue~

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Hi, Sue! I've been wanting to make one of those holders for crochet needles. I've had to put sewing on the back burner for a while. Perhaps by the time I start again, Gabriela will be crocheting more, and thus have a need for a needle holder!

BTW, sorry I missed you the other day! Let's try again!

Ella said...

I love working in the kitchen. If I lived near friends, or had them to visit, we would be in the kitchen a lot!