To explain the lyrics that Sara posted below....my Uncle Rich passed away rather suddenly this evening. He would have been 86. He had advanced altzeimers and was recently moved into a special home. I was with my Aunt Helen tonight ( the love of his life for more than 66 years) because it was her 86th birthday today. I called to wish her a happy birthday, and almost didn't go over....but she asked me to come and visit her , and I am so glad that I did! I pray for peace and comfort and strength for Aunt Helen, and my cousins tonight...and in the hard days ahead. Below is a poem that I read recently in my 'Streams in the Desert' devotional...I'll be referring to it often in the days ahead. I'll be away from the blog for the next few days. God bless....~Sue~
************************************************************************************
"He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
To added affliction He addeth His mercies,
To multiplied trials His multiplied peace...
When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving is only begun...
His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth and giveth and giveth again."
--Annie Johnson Flint
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry ladies, I know it's a very difficult time for you. Please know your friends will be praying for you all.
God Bless you all,
The Youngs
What a fantastic poem! I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for your family during this time of grief. What a blessing you are to those around you, Sue.
Post a Comment