What a nice Memorial Day we had this year! I had a chance to talk to Ron's cousin, Mike, this morning...he has served over in Iraq more than once, and he was on my mind this morning. I am very glad that I had the chance to tell him how much we love him, and to thank him for serving....he is a great guy, and there are so very many men and women who serve our country every day....not just in the service, but our policemen, fireman and ems workers as well....we applaud, thank you and appreciate you!
Here is what I did this morning....Ron had painted my grandmothers aluminum glider and rocker, along with another metal rocker we've had for year. Today, I used fabric I bought from the Salvation Army fabric sale to sew cushions...I love this fabric!
I still have 4 more pillows to sew tomorrow, and then they will be done. I love our deck....it has 2 rockers, the glider and a table with 6 chairs....it's private, quiet and surrounded by trees....it's beautiful back there!
My girls had spent the past 2 1/2 days out visiting my mom and sister. I couldn't wait to see them! I like having "all my ducks in a row"...and we all missed them terribly! They had a very good time with their cousin, Tina, and visiting Grammy, Buppy and Aunt Pammy.
Today, we visited over Aunt Lori's and Uncle Todd's house. Ronnie played hockey most of the day with the neighbor, Brandon....whenever Ronnie has a hockey stick in his hand, he is happy!
Anna loved this water table and watering pitcher...she had a blast with it!
Like father, like son! I still can't believe Ty leaves his sunglasses on!
Sara and Tina....11 months apart, and special cousins!
My sweet nephew, Shayne! He hates getting his picture taken, but he'll be leaving for college in a little more than a year...I'm taking as many pictures of this special boy as I can!
My dad and step-mum, Maryellen. She is the most well dressed, coordinated woman I know! And, one of the sweetest as well! (my dad also hates to get his picture taken...wonder where Shayne gets it from?!)
Ty's favorite little car! He loves to drive it, and push it around.
I love this woman! This is Denise, Todd's mom. We are so very blessed to have such a large, extended family....and she is a special part of it!
Ron's sister, Maureen, and his mom both came to visit at Lori's today. Ron and Maureen look alike and are very much alike...still!
Aunt Lori, Anna and Ty....pretty soon it will be Ty's first birthday...Todd gets TONS of fireworks for the 4th of July....and he'll have even more this year for Ty's birthday!
My sleepy girls.....I'm so glad to have them home...and I think they are very happy to be home again! As much as I love all of our extended family, I feel so blessed and grateful to have our little family together, healthy ( relatively) and following after the Lord! Some of the decisions that we make, and some of the ways that we live our lives may seem strange to some people, but I know that as long as we read God's word, pray for His strength to follow His will for our family, and try to make everything we do be pleasing to Him...then we don't have to worry about pleasing anyone else.....and I'm glad! Goodnight! ~Sue~
Here is what I did this morning....Ron had painted my grandmothers aluminum glider and rocker, along with another metal rocker we've had for year. Today, I used fabric I bought from the Salvation Army fabric sale to sew cushions...I love this fabric!
I still have 4 more pillows to sew tomorrow, and then they will be done. I love our deck....it has 2 rockers, the glider and a table with 6 chairs....it's private, quiet and surrounded by trees....it's beautiful back there!
My girls had spent the past 2 1/2 days out visiting my mom and sister. I couldn't wait to see them! I like having "all my ducks in a row"...and we all missed them terribly! They had a very good time with their cousin, Tina, and visiting Grammy, Buppy and Aunt Pammy.
Today, we visited over Aunt Lori's and Uncle Todd's house. Ronnie played hockey most of the day with the neighbor, Brandon....whenever Ronnie has a hockey stick in his hand, he is happy!
Anna loved this water table and watering pitcher...she had a blast with it!
Like father, like son! I still can't believe Ty leaves his sunglasses on!
Sara and Tina....11 months apart, and special cousins!
My sweet nephew, Shayne! He hates getting his picture taken, but he'll be leaving for college in a little more than a year...I'm taking as many pictures of this special boy as I can!
My dad and step-mum, Maryellen. She is the most well dressed, coordinated woman I know! And, one of the sweetest as well! (my dad also hates to get his picture taken...wonder where Shayne gets it from?!)
Ty's favorite little car! He loves to drive it, and push it around.
I love this woman! This is Denise, Todd's mom. We are so very blessed to have such a large, extended family....and she is a special part of it!
Ron's sister, Maureen, and his mom both came to visit at Lori's today. Ron and Maureen look alike and are very much alike...still!
Aunt Lori, Anna and Ty....pretty soon it will be Ty's first birthday...Todd gets TONS of fireworks for the 4th of July....and he'll have even more this year for Ty's birthday!
My sleepy girls.....I'm so glad to have them home...and I think they are very happy to be home again! As much as I love all of our extended family, I feel so blessed and grateful to have our little family together, healthy ( relatively) and following after the Lord! Some of the decisions that we make, and some of the ways that we live our lives may seem strange to some people, but I know that as long as we read God's word, pray for His strength to follow His will for our family, and try to make everything we do be pleasing to Him...then we don't have to worry about pleasing anyone else.....and I'm glad! Goodnight! ~Sue~
1 comment:
FUN! :D Looks like you all had a great day!
Our dad took us all fishing and picnicing at Shawnee lake for Memorial Day. (Guess who DIDN'T put the worms on the pole! :P)
I know what you mean about "leaving for college." We also know some people who will be heading off to college this year and next.
Post a Comment