Ol' Blue Eyes singing "La Ci Darem La Mano" from Mozart's Don Giovanni
From the movie It Happened in Brooklyn
Frankie crooning "It's the Same Old Dream" from It Happened in Brooklyn
Can anybody tell which movie of his I like best? :) It Happened in Brooklyn is my absolute favorite Frank Sinatra movie! Other than the fantastic music, I love, love LOVE who stars in it. Frank Sinatra as Danny Miller; Kathryn Grayson as Anne Fielding and the dashing Peter Lawford as Jamie Shellgrove-a shy, piano-playing guy from England. Can it seriously get any better?! Especially Peter Lawford's role. I didn't know who to look at in the scenes with both Peter Lawford AND Frank Sinatra. I kept thinking, "Well Frank Sinatra can sing......but Peter Lawford is just so sweet and sincere......how to choose!!??"
His 'puppy-dog' look. :) He seems to think he likes her a lot. :)
*Sigh* And he knows he's in love with her.
The most important question is.......how does Kathryn Grayson choose!?
Personally, I would've agonized over both of them for weeks and then chose Peter Lawford. What? I'm a sucker for shy, music/piano loving, sweet, sincere and not to mention handsome characters. :) But I still 'melt' every time I hear Frankie's voice. :)
When I first heard Frank Sinatra and Kathryn Grayson sing "La ci Darem la Mano" while dancing around a little Italian bistro, I immediately loved that song. It's an opera, so my family isn't so thrilled about hearing it, but that's why I have my Mp3 player. :) And self-restraint from attempting to hit a high note. :)
When I first heard Frank Sinatra and Kathryn Grayson sing "La ci Darem la Mano" while dancing around a little Italian bistro, I immediately loved that song. It's an opera, so my family isn't so thrilled about hearing it, but that's why I have my Mp3 player. :) And self-restraint from attempting to hit a high note. :)
"La ci darem la mano...."
And Peter Lawford's character Jamie played the piano the whole time!
Thank you, to Ella who kindly lent me this movie.....I'm hooked. :) And I'll return it to you soon.
I was literally hopping up and down when I picked up from the library, Frank Sinatra in Hollywood 6 CD set collection. The second and third discs were my favorite. :) They had all the songs he sang from Anchors Aweigh and It Happened in Brooklyn. The third disc had all the songs from Take Me Out to the Ball Game and On the Town-two of Ronnie's favorites. :) They're so cool! Some of them had outtakes, extended versions and beautifully remastered versions of all his songs. I was in heaven! :) Now I'm just waiting to get the sheet music for La ci Darem la Mano out of the library. :)
So in closing and with chores awaiting, I will leave you with a lyric to one of his later hit songs.......
I'm going my way. :)

5 comments:
Ha Ha! I was laughing out loud when I read your post! I know how much you love Frank Sinatra. :)Oh and, "Kathryn", Meghan? I recognize that spelling! ;) Have a great week!
P.S. I prefer bold, outgoing evagelistic types, myself. :) Piano playing isn't bad, though.
Wow Meghan, I knew you liked Frank Sinatra, but... wow! :)
Oh you two! :)
I suppose Morg's is off her blog-fast now. :) And that particular spelling of Kathryn is my favorite-as you well know, Michaela Renee! :) Love you both!
Your Frank Sinatra "kick"......it's more than that. It is an obsession, a passion, something!!
I can tell you took a ton of photos out of the movie. I am glad you liked it =) I knew you would.
Peter Lawford and Frank Sinatra....both are great. They are different.
Ella-close to an obsession. For the moment I'm content with his songs I have. :) But I want to watch more of his movies. :)
Post a Comment