About all that I have energy for right now, is a little photo posting of what our month has been like...which, I guess, is pretty typical for this time of year. I'm hoping that since March came "in like a lion...of sicknesses, that it will go out like a lamb....healthy! Although....we've been hit hard this year with getting every virus that comes down the pike! Hopefully, next winter won't be so bad!
Big brother, Ronnie, reading to Anna while she was sick...he was so sweet with her! 
Inbetween bouts of illness, the girls had a number of chances to get together and have fun with friends....check out Meghan being silly! (If you know her, she is really much more serious most of the time...I had to show off her "silly" side!)
Ronnie (and his friend, Seth) had their cubscout blue and gold banquet
And we watched Ty Robert...I loved this picture of Anna reading to Ty! We have so much fun when he is here!
Poor Anna....sick again....and fell asleep on my lap
But...when we had a particularly warm day, after dinner, everyone seemed to be feeling well THAT DAY....so we headed outside for some wiffle ball....we had so much fun!
Meghan can really SMACK the ball! She was hitting them out into the street!
Anna has gotten the hang of hitting when pitched to...she did really well!
Sara is always the 'ring leader' of the bunch...she is the one to encourage everyone to get out and have fun!
Ronnie has a great throwing arm, and he was hitting them almost into the street, too!
Inbetween, Anna climbed the tree outside our kitchen window.
This morning, I took Ronnie and Anna on a field trip to Mingo Creek Park for a Maple sugaring demonstration....they had a great time! Seems I did so many field trips with Meghan and Sara when they were younger, and now I get to do them all again! We're looking forward to all the programs they put on at Mingo.
They explained how the Native Americans made maple syrup and taught the first settlers how to make it, how the pioneers made it and how they make it today... then we had delicious samples! (it was rather chilly, but thank goodness, didn't rain!)
And here is Anna....FINALLY healthy....and outside most of the time now! Ronnie is even worse...I can't get him to stay inside!
Big brother, Ronnie, reading to Anna while she was sick...he was so sweet with her! 
Inbetween bouts of illness, the girls had a number of chances to get together and have fun with friends....check out Meghan being silly! (If you know her, she is really much more serious most of the time...I had to show off her "silly" side!)
Ronnie (and his friend, Seth) had their cubscout blue and gold banquet
And we watched Ty Robert...I loved this picture of Anna reading to Ty! We have so much fun when he is here!
Poor Anna....sick again....and fell asleep on my lap
But...when we had a particularly warm day, after dinner, everyone seemed to be feeling well THAT DAY....so we headed outside for some wiffle ball....we had so much fun!
Meghan can really SMACK the ball! She was hitting them out into the street!
Anna has gotten the hang of hitting when pitched to...she did really well!
Sara is always the 'ring leader' of the bunch...she is the one to encourage everyone to get out and have fun!
Ronnie has a great throwing arm, and he was hitting them almost into the street, too!
Inbetween, Anna climbed the tree outside our kitchen window.
This morning, I took Ronnie and Anna on a field trip to Mingo Creek Park for a Maple sugaring demonstration....they had a great time! Seems I did so many field trips with Meghan and Sara when they were younger, and now I get to do them all again! We're looking forward to all the programs they put on at Mingo.
They explained how the Native Americans made maple syrup and taught the first settlers how to make it, how the pioneers made it and how they make it today... then we had delicious samples! (it was rather chilly, but thank goodness, didn't rain!)
And here is Anna....FINALLY healthy....and outside most of the time now! Ronnie is even worse...I can't get him to stay inside! ~I think that little field trip wore me out....seems everyone else is fine...but, it's taking me a little longer to feel better. Seems I do a little bit, then don't feel well again...oh, well....summer will be here and HOPEFULLY, kill the germs!
~My nephew, Ben, and his sweet wife Crystal stopped to visit today. Ben is in the Air Force, and they are stationed in Dover, Delaware. Crystal is expecting their first child this summer...I'm going to be a Great Aunt! Crystal is just learning to cook and asked that I send some recipes....so I'll probably posting some 'thrifty' healthy meals coming up in the near future. Well...that's all for me tonight! Early to bed tonight, that's for sure!
God is so good to teach us so many lessons thru out this winter of 'viruses'! Slow down...simplify, count our blessings, be content, focus on family....focus on what has eternal value.....would I want to be sick like this again next winter? NO WAY! But...would I wish away the lessons He has taught us....not in a million years! Simplify....contentment....good focus! ~Sue~
5 comments:
Yikes! Stand back everyone..Meg's got a baseball bat! :P Ha Ha. I'm so glad that everyone is on the mend-I love the pics too. YOur hair is gettng really long, Mrs. Gorecki. It's pretty!
I'm so glad evryone is on the mend! It looks like you all had a very eventful month! I loved all the baseball pictures! ;)
Sorry...I forgot to say in my last comment that I LOVE the new tongue color, Meghan! :)
Thank you, Morgs! :) I liked it too...it was kind of a 50's red for awhile. :)
Humph, Miss Michaela! When I was little I used to hit them really hard..I'm a little out of practice. :)
Hi, Sue! I'm catching up on blog-reading after being so busy, distracted, and medicated! :) I'm so glad that your sweet family has been able to squeeze some fun in between not feeling well. I normally don't get sick, but last year, I was down with either flu or sinus infection four times throughout the winter!
I recalled what Rhonda said yesterday about our "healthy" habits and skin issues, and it made me laugh.
By the way, I'm sad that we didn't know about the maple syrup field trip. Are we able to purchase it by the gallon there? I need a source for "real" maple syrup.
Post a Comment