Just a quick update, as that is all I have the energy for! Just washing my hair and getting the knots out exhausted me! LOL
Everyone is feeling better, Praise God! Ron hasn't gotten it yet, and we're praying he doesn't or at least waits until his day off! No work...no pay!
The little ones are back to normal....they seemed to have bounced back the most quickly....Sara is well except for a residual headache. Meghan and I had the bodyaches/chills...and I had all the stomach as well....so we're still recuperating!
I loved the look of the cherry background...especially cheering and hopeful during these economically dark days. Reminds me of a retro look....red gingham, red and white polka dots and cherries always reminds me the "old days"! (take your pick of era's....)
The song "You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with mr in-between!" has been running thru my head for a while now. We consider it a major victory when we go to the thrift store and find what we're looking for....and we usually do! God is so good to us this way! I think all the kids are excited about how we can live like their great-grandparents did, and they're getting excited about using their creativity. Both older girls are entered into the history fair this year thru our homeschool
group. Both chose themes during hard times. Meghan is doing hers on 'Mgm Musicals'....hopeful diversions during hard times" and Sara is doing the frugality of quilting during hard times. Both are very interesting...so we've been reading up on those things during the Great Depression and WWII.
Even our meals have been "thrifted" a lot lately! LOL My family knows that I'll accept any bones and chicken/turkey carcasses they don't want, so the soup we're having tonight is from one of those turkeys, and the ham bone and leftover ham my sister gave us has stretched so far for many, many meals! We're very grateful as well as having fun to see how far we can stretch them!
Ok....I'm done in now....going to go hit the rocker again until dinner time. Thanks to all those who were praying for us....we feel that we are abundantly blessed! ~Sue~
5 comments:
Glad you guys are feeling better! I keep forgetting to mention, but I have about 8lbs of beans (navy and something else) in my car, waiting to go to a good home...if you're interested, grab me at church on Sunday and they're yours! -Jill
Whoo! I'm thankful everyone is on the mend now! I, too, hope that Mr. G won't get it either!!
Mommy and I were saying the other day how it would be awesome if we lived close to you all so we could make some food for you and take it over there:)
Hope you get plenty of rest!
YAY! Praise the Lord that you guys are well again! We have been praying. :)
Forgot to say I also LOVE the background. Who was the one who changed it? Cherry-o for now! ;)
Jill: Yes, we would love the beans!
Michaela #1: We are hoping no one else gets it!!!!!
Michaela #2:I suggested it to my mom, and she loved it, so we put it on.
Post a Comment