Sunday, February 1, 2009

Way to go, Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Champs!!!!!!!

"Here we go, Steelers, here we go....Pittsburgh's WON the Super Bowl!!!!!!" We had planned a low-key, family time to watch the big game....had some pizza, hot wings, veggies....I think Ron and I were the only ones really into it in the beginning, but....Here is Ron decked out in his Steeler gear....that is one of the 'origional' terrible towels from the 70's....my husband saves everything! He was so excited to watch this game!


Ronnie and Anna were decked out in Steeler gear, too....we brought the dollhouse that had been the girls out of the attic for Anna...Ronnie named the dad "Mr. Fix-it"


Having Springsteen and the E Street Band doing the Half-time show was a real bonus for us! Ron and I are big fans....Ron especially! He never misses a Springsteen show!


I was applauding my family...and enjoying the song "Glory Days"!


Ron playing "air drums"!


Ronnie pretending he was with the band!


Of course, Anna had to do whatever Ronnie did....Little Me-Too!

Glory Days!!!




We were pleasantly surprised with a visit from Ron's sister , Maureen and our nephew Timmy....he's getting so tall!



I loved this shot....and Maureen hates to get her picture taken...she only agreed to the back!



We won!!! Here is Ron and his mom showing that this is the Steelers 6th Super Bowl win!
Thanks for a great season, Steelers!!!!

3 comments:

Ella said...

It's a shame really......WE were going for the Cardinals =)

Anonymous said...

**SHOCKED GASP**
How COULD you!!??
:)
Just kidding. :) I watched a few minutes of the game-but that was it. I'm not very into football. Hockey, I can follow. :) Football, not so much.

I just listned to Dad talk/yell at the TV set while it was on and knew what was happening! :) LOL

Patti said...

Actually, we're not into professional football, so we aren't fans of any particular team. However, we DO like Kurt Warner...he is an amazing Christian man.

I must admit, there was a point when I was actually thinking I'd like the Steelers to win, but then when #92 punched a Cardinal guy in the face (and got a penalty for it), I quickly decided I didn't want a team like that to win.

However, as I said, since we don't really have a favorite team, it didn't really matter that much. It was just a good excuse for a chips and salsa snack.

Love,
Patti