Friday, January 30, 2009

Sleds and Snow

I can't believe the snow! Amazing how just one week ago (last friday) the snow was melting and we were bummed because we couldn't go sledding. Well, that changed! Today for about an hour it snowed non-stop, like a white out, then it kind of mellowed out. Due to the gorgeous snow, we have been sledding alot and today we went sledding up at our neighbors house. I also, being the best sister I am (Just kidding of course), pulled Ronnie and Anna (total weight being 100+ lbs) up the hill. Man, I never knew just how steep that hill was till I pulled someone up it :) LOL


The ride down was fun, even though I was still pulling! Since the road was too dangerous to pull them down, I pulled them on the edge of people's yards... ruining the perfect snowfall, but I was being cautious. Anyway, since downhill was easier than uphill by a long shot, I was the horse and they were my passengers. I spared no snow mound or little hill, and down we went! Here is an script of our ride down:

Ronnie: Can you pull us?

Anna: Yeah! Pull the sled, pull the sled!

Sara: Sure, hop on... not literally! Hold on TIGHT!
(Sara starts galloping wildly,
stopping periodically to make sure they're not drifting towards the road)
ANNA AND RONNIE: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
That's the extent of the ride... now I have to go to sleep because tomorrow is the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby at 8 AM, so Meghan and I will be watching Anna while Mum takes Ronnie. I should probably hit the hay now... bye!

2 comments:

Ella said...

I don't have any snow....I don't have any snow. And like I have said, without having younger siblings or friends to share it with, I am okay with that =)

Patti said...

You know the arboretum in Pleasant Hills, don't you? Well I don't know if people still sled ride there, but that is where we always went when I was little. The ride down was always a blast, but getting back up that hill (even without 100 pounds of little siblings) was always difficult. It was always fun to sled for a few hours and then walk home to steaming cups of hot chocolate.

Blessings,
Mrs. G.