Monday, February 9, 2009

Green Lemonade and Menu plan Monday!


Anna showing her "green mustache"!

Wanted to post these pictures and this recipe for our "Green Lemonade". I can't take credit, I saw it in a raw foods book. Anna and Meghan are the only two who like it....Ronnie tolerates it, and Sara holds her nose! But....I love it, and can feel healthier when I drink it consistantly, so.....we're back to "getting healthy"! All I do, is put one bunch of romaine lettuce, a couple handfuls of spinach, a peeled lemon and some honey or stevia in my K-Tec blender ( now they call them 'blend-tecs'....similar to a vita-mix), add filtered water and blend! They recommend putting in cucumbers and apples if you like as well. That's it! Couldn't be easier! For our carrot juice, we do the same thing, only use carrots...and sometimes apples. Now on to our:



Menu Plan Monday!

Monday
cooked brown rice, yogart and honey, bananas
GF pizza, cucumbers
chicken tettrazini, steamed broccolli

Tuesday
Apple cinnamon millet
GF pumpkin bread, bananas, kefir smoothies
(crockpot) beef stew, GF biscuits

Wednesday
Oatmeal custard with raisens
leftovers/ pbj
chicken a la king, brown rice, steamed carrots

Thursday
cereal, bananas
GF philly cheesesteak pizza, veggies
spicy bean and rice casserola, salad

Friday
egg,sausage, potatoe strata, pineapple
leftovers/pbj
sauteed chicken breasts with mushrooms, cheesy garlic polenta, sw/sour red cabbage

Saturday
apple cinnamon millet, bananas
Birthday party lunch for Mia!
Mulligan, salad

Sunday
cereal, bananas
(crockpot) veggie soup with br. rice
whole roast chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, corn
GF chocolate angel food cake for dessert!



~Have a blessed week!~ Sue

3 comments:

Jolyn said...

WOW SO MANY GOOD MEALS, SOME I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE.. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU DO YOUR RICE AND BEANS. LITTLE ANNA LOOKS SO CUTE!!!! TELL ME ABOUT SOME OF THE FOODS....PLEASE... THANK YOU
HAVE A BLESSED DAY JOLYN

Ella said...

I have done something like that before....only it was just spinach, water, and some frozen banana. I did feel healthier after I did it several days in a row....but the taste is terrible!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I remember green lemon-aid; Morgs and I had it at your house once. :) It definetely tasted healthy, and no doubt 100% better then regular lemon-aid! It seriously did not taste bad at all! :)
The rest of your menu sounds yummy too! Have a great week!
Love, Michaela