I'm going to sound like a complete nerd, but I am excited about math today! Our lesson today is Arcs and Angles and it is a refreshing change from basic trig and hypotenuse lessons. I drew some examples from my book, and I was happy to see that it was easy and it makes sense! Dontcha just love those lightbulb moments? ;P
If you can't read the words (sorry bout that!) it says, "RS is a Arc or a semi-circle" That was one of the first main points and the thing that screamed to me, "EASY!" and it was really interesting. We use Teaching Textbooks Geometry this year, and we're liking it. We don't watch the lessons, because the book work practically explains itself. Here is an excerpt that pertains to the image above:
An arc that is smaller than a semi-circle (see image above) is called a minor arc.
If you can't read the words (sorry bout that!) it says, "RS is a Arc or a semi-circle" That was one of the first main points and the thing that screamed to me, "EASY!" and it was really interesting. We use Teaching Textbooks Geometry this year, and we're liking it. We don't watch the lessons, because the book work practically explains itself. Here is an excerpt that pertains to the image above:A part of a circle is called an Arc.
Arc RS represents half a circle, which is also why it is also called a semi-circle. An arc is a portion of a circle consisting of two end points and the set of points on the circle that lie between the points.
The next thing we learned about is Big arcs and small arcs.

The arc that is bigger than a semi-circle (see image above) is called a Major Arc
An arc that is smaller than a semi-circle (see image above) is called a minor arc.Well, I'll quit boring you with my math talk so you can read something that actually makes sense (LOL)... hope ya liked my math post!
3 comments:
Sara, that is SO not me.
Ha Ha! I read your post and I was like, "Wha..!?" ;) I shall refrain from calling you a "nerd" though. VideoText is a great program, huh? I actually just took a ginormous test today to see if I can pass from one module of Algebra 1 to the next. (The fun just keeps coming in math, doesn't it? lol) I'm glad you're enjoying math...for today at least! TTFN
Love, Michaela
My dear friend...you are very smart!:)
-Morgan
Post a Comment