I am thankful! And...I have need to remember to count my blessings! Ronnie wasn't feeling well today...he seemed very tired and had an on/off headache...what was really bothering him was that everywhere he had adhesive on him, his skin was raw...poor guy...he no longer needs bandages, and can shower tomorrow...hopefully, he will continue to heal quickly. I'm thankful he is healing as quickly as he is...I'm thankful for good friends who have brought us meals, (tonight was fettucine alfredo....it was SO GOOD!!!), I'm thankful for my friend who is a busy homeschooling mother of 3 girls as well as a pediatric nurse who is always available to reassure and pray....I'm thankful for our pastor...who took the time to call today and check on Ronnie....and I'm thankful that this tired, hurting body is typing this from the comfort of my quilted rocker...on a laptop! I'm especially grateful for the good friends who blessed us with this...and came over to set it up, show me how to work it and a fun visit, as well.
Not only does God ALWAYS meet our needs in our family....but frequently, He gives us the desires of our hearts....wow....I marvel at how very much He loves me! I am in awe of all of His creation...of the seasons...of His gift to us of creativity...and the many ways that this creativity comes out in each one of us...God is so good to us!
I was talking to a friend today who has one little one and another blessing on the way, about this Christmas holiday season...we try very hard to stay as 'uncommercialized' as we can here...just very simple and making memories. Ronnie piped in with " we haven't had any of that 'kapusta' for a while!"...cracked me up! The kapusta he was referring to was sauerkraut...we always say " Daubre Kapusta"....or "Good Cabbage"....that is a memory my children will have...sounds silly, doesn't it... but to me it is precious. We are looking forward to cooking and baking up some traditions and memories coming up soon. My mother's homemade Kielbasi...what fun to mix just the right blend of spices with the pork and fill the casings...nothing tastes better! Making some of my Baba's orange cookies and 'Bobalki'...some of my mom's mom's blintzes....my older girls say it wouldn't be Christmas without all of these things...and our advent wreath and devotions, our cousins's cookie bake/decorate party, watching "White Christmas" and "It's a wonderful life". For my little ones, they love the tree and are constantly looking at all of the ornaments...finding "theirs", and they love the "star of Christmas" lit up on top.
For all of these, my wonderful children and hardworking, handsome husband and a multitude more....I am thankful tonight. I pray that all of our loved ones will know how much they are loved and be blessed tonight, too.~Sue~
No comments:
Post a Comment