Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Knowing God: Reflecting on Chapter Ten

Tonight Meghan and I are going over to a church couple's house for a study. At our church, we are having a high-schooler's book study and we're studying the book 'Knowing God' by J.I Packer. Very hard book, but digging deep is good. Beware grammar nuts, he uses HUGE run on sentences, but they're jam-packed with good food for thought.
Today we had to read chapters 9 & 10 and chapter ten was the best by far. The subject was: God's wisdom and ours. J.I Packer writes, " It is to be feared that many Christians spend all their life in too un-humbled and conceited a frame of mind ever to gain wisdom from God at all. Not for nothing does scripture say, 'with the lowly is wisdom' (Proverbs 11:2)" We must remember that though we shouldn't belittle ourselves, we must be humble to receive wisdom.
More later after the book study!
~Sara~

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hi there!

I found you ladies through a comment on Ella's blog... and thought I'd say Hello! I really like your blog... It's very enjoyable!

Hope you're having a great day!
Julia

Sue said...

Thanks! We're really enjoying have this blog...God's creativity is amazing! ~Sue~