(By the Way, the title is 'party number one this weekend')
We just got home from the party for Courtney's 18th birthday party! It was so much fun! I spent it with my closest friends and best friend, Sara, for the whole day. In the morning, after arriving at their house at ten o'clock, we talked for a little bit and then had a delicious brunch. (I could kick myself for not bringing my camera!) The table was set beautifully-all matching (of course!)and very elegant. The food was delicious; they made stuffed sausage garlic bread, mini egg quiches, gourmet coffee (my favorite!), ham, and fresh grapes. We all did so much talking we didn't eat much! After that we kept talking, but moved into the great room for Courtney to open her gifts from us. Then we all had petite slices of a tiny cake that was really a child's smash cake but just small enough to be used after the brunch! After this we all bundled up and drove to a nursing home in Mckeesport to sing a few Christmas hymns for the elderly. They were all so sweet and nice. I think they really liked us coming and singing and I'm glad we blessed them.
After this we travelled back to the house and helped get ready for the birthday dinner for Courtney and Lila. We all chatted while we cleaned up, baked, cooked, etc. So it really took hardly any time at all-and it was fun! We all got a chance to hang out for the rest of the night and talk to each other-a whole day with one's closest friends doesn't seem sufficient to me! When my dear friend, Michaela, left with her family I still felt (even after being with her all day) that the visit was too short! Courtney and Hannah, being assistant hostesses, looked to be tiring out when Mum, Sara and I left at about quarter past nine. This day is going to stand out to me for the rest of my life as one of the most memorable and fun days with my friends. I got to spend a whole day with, Sara, Courtney, Hannah, Michaela and Morgan-and yet when I left I still felt the visit was short. Time flies when you're having fun. I am so glad the Lord blessed me with all these kindred spirits! Here are some pictures from the party, taken by Sara. She took some great ones!
Sara & I
Mrs. Sames and MumMichaela and Morgan Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment