Ok...I was just so tickled, that I had to post what we did today. With a 10# bag of chicken leg quarters that was on sale for .49 cents a pound, $1.89 for eggs and $1.99 worth of flour...here's what we got:
a large pot of chicken soup (with lots of leftovers)...and homemade spaetzle dumplings to go with it.
a large pot of chicken stew for a dear friend and her family who have been hit with a terrible flu...we're talking 104 degree fevers!
4 loaves of bread
enough spaetzle dumplings to have with a little pork and sauerkraut later this week.
6 quarts of chicken broth to freeze
and about 8 cups of chicken frozen in 2 cup increments for future casseroles.
~I love when the local grocery store runs these specials on chicken leg quarters...we stock up and still have 20 pounds frozen! They are great roasted with potatoes, and we'll probably make up some chicken chili and cornbread one day as well. YUM!....now off to clean up all the pots and pans while my littles make some saltdough ornaments! (lots of glitter !) After that...Meghan and I will put a good old Doris Day movie on and relax until Dad and Sara get home....I'll be ready to relax by then! Ok...my break is over! LOL ~Sue~
1 comment:
Wow, what a great buy! That's awesome that you were able to make so much with all of that. Mommy and I LOVE sales like that!
God bless!
~Bekah
Post a Comment