Sunday, December 28, 2008

King of kings and Lord of lords=peace!

I am reading in the book of Revelation in my quiet time...and it always reassures me and brings me peace. Revelation 17:14 says"...and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen and faithful."

He IS faithful...and in control of everything...what peace and rest that gives me! No matter what is going on with our health...our finances...our extended family members, (as close as we are) or even what is going on in the world today...I have peace and rest. I especially love the book of Revelation because it reminds me of just WHO is in control...and speaks various other things to me that I need reminded of...such as not to be 'lukewarm'...not to forget my first love, not to focus on the idols in my life...to remove them and only focus on Him. To not fear...to trust Him. To try and live a Godly life...according to His Word only...not societies priorities or other people opinions. He alone knows me completely...and loves me in spite of it. I can't hide anything from him...can't put on a 'good face'...He always knows what I'm feeling, thinking about or hiding. Oh, praise you, God for loving me so very much in spite of myself!!! I'm so undeserving of your great love and grace, but am so very, very grateful!!!

Your word teaches me perseverance...enduring with patience...without complaint. Persevering in prayer, in communion with God...in living the way the the Lord has shown is His will for our family...even in the face of questioning or opposition...calmly, gently and patiently...leaning on Him for strength when I am weak, knowing that all that I am and all that I have and especially, all that I NEED is from Him....and again, I am grateful! His Word is food for me...life...security...inspiration...He provides all that I need. He is King of kings and Lord of lords...my savior, my father...and He loves me...that is all I need to know...or think on thru painful times, hard times...and He always speaks peace to me...peace, strength and love whenever I need it. I treasure this time with Him...and am nothing without Him.

May your Sabbath day of rest today be peaceful and blessed...knowing with a quiet assurance how very much you are loved by Him who IS love!!! ~Sue~

1 comment:

Ella said...

Mrs. G, that was beautiful! Isn't the Lord so good?!

Oh, and Meghan, I am so sorry that I haven't written. You might have thought I have forgotten, but with having a puppy.....I barely have ten minutes put together! =) So, I will write very soon.