OH, my wonderful daughters! Meghan is 15 and Sara 13, and while their tired mom went to bed last night, they totally revamped our blog backround...and unbeknownst to each other, they both picked the same backround that would be "perfect for Mom!"! Not only do I love the backround, but I'm thrilled that they were like minded...as sometimes, they can be very different!
People are always saying things like "teenagers are tough"...or "wait until your girls are teenagers"...well, they are and I couldn't be happier! We don't have the 'typical' teenage behavior at our house...both of my girls are such a joy! ( not that we don't have moments of conflict, every family does...especially when you have 6 people in one home, all with different personalities, likes and dislikes and bents) Both girls are so considerate of me...my pain and fatigue.....they are always trying to help me...and I so appreciate their efforts!
Meghan is always trying to kick me out of my own kitchen...." I'll do it Mom!" is always heard from Meghan....while Sara is the one who gets my 2 little ones involved in a 2 hour "mystery" or building houses under tables with blankets, or holding dance class with Anna. ( and her stuffed animals) Sara will even play hockey in the basement with Ronnie! I am (and I know it!) very, very blessed with both of my older daughters! I'm grateful that I have Anna...at only 4 years old, she'll be with me for a long time. Having my one and only son is a wonderful adventure s well....only having sisters myself, Ronnie is a joy that God is using to help me understand my wonderful husband better as well! LOL Having what seems like 2 sets of children ( 15 and 13....then almost 7 and 4)...is never dull...I never wanted an "empty nest" and I won't have one! By the time Ron retires, I still may have Anna here...which would be fine with me! My children are my wonderful blessings as well as my friends and companions...along with my husband, there is no one else I would rather spend my time with!
Now that Ronnie is feeling better ( but still limited to his walker), I'm thinking of more Christmas crafts for gifts, some baking to give away and lots of little things to keep him (and Anna) busy. Today will be a "slow day"...we feel as if we are in slow motion....and that's ok. I've come to the conclusion that between my fibromyalgia, Meghan's painful hip disability, Ron's night-turn work schedule, ( which changes as he is daylight 6am-2pm all this week)...we just need to not compare our family to any other family we know....just move at our own comfortable pace...and be grateful that the Lord has us homeschooling...for the flexability it gives us, for the flexability Ron's work schedule gives us...and just enjoy our family!
Thank you, Girls, for making the backround beautiful....not as beautiful as you two, but for doing it for me....I love it and appreciate your efforts so much!
2 comments:
Hi,
I'm Patti, Ella's mom. Our girls have been getting to know one another through Ella's blog.
Since I moderate comments on her blog, when one came in from your daughter in and you mentioned having a new blog, I thought I would stop by and say hi.
With regard to this post, I couldn't agree more. No, our teens are not perfect (neither are their parents!!), but we definitely don't have the rebellious attitude and generation gap that is so expected nowadays and which, sadly, is considered normal.
We are in the process of adoption, and I mentioned that to an acquaintance recently. She looked at me and just rolled her eyes and told me she couldn't wait for her youngest (18) to be out of her house. She was shocked that I would want more children at this juncture of life. And then she said, "But I've had alot more problems with my kids than I bet you've had with yours." That is one of the HUGE benefits of homeschooling. We can be discerning about the kinds of peer association our children have. We can encourage them toward peers who also respect authority and discourage them from peers who do not.
I agree with you...the joys of teenagers!! We have alot of fun with ours. However, we are looking forward to adopting and having little ones again.
Blessings,
Patti
P.S. Ella tells me you are from Pittsburgh. I grew up there (my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents are Pgh. natives). We lived in Pleasant Hills. I haven't been back there since 1982, but I remember everything vividly, and I would love to take my kids there someday to show them my growing up spots.
Hi, Patti!
Yes...I've been hearing all about Ella...Meghan is dying for you all to come to Pittsburgh and visit...and you are welcome to stay with us anytime you like. I love your blog! I feel as if I've found a kindred spirit! Same thinking, same books, same movies...WOW! I will be praying that your adoption proceeds quickly and without complications...I watched my 5 month old nephew today, and I still wish I could have "just one more"! God bless you and your family! And...Merry Christmas! P.S...what was your maiden name? Did any of your husband's family live in Carrick? ~Sue~
Post a Comment