Monday, December 8, 2008

Write what you know....

This rule of thumb for any aspiring writer has encouraged and provided inspiration many a time. As I sit here, staring at an obnoxiously blank screen, asking Sara what I should write about, this little nugget of writing wisdom comes to mind. Now that I think about it, I could write about quite a few things; the millions of projects I need to begin and accomplish soon, the schoolwork that comes with every week day, the two parties coming up this weekend, books, movies, the holidays, etc. But as the song "Count Your Blessings" plays through my mind, I reflect on how blessed my life truly is. How Ronnie is recovering from surgery like lightening, how precious Anna's little mannerisms can be, how hard-working my wonderful father is, how dear, sweet (and silly!) my sister Sara is, and how wonderful and blessed my mother is, who never complains of her ever-present pain and goes through her day with nary a complaint. My family is one of my biggest blessings and joys in my life...though sometimes we can all annoy and hurt each other, we always know that the bond we share as family will never be broken.
What are a few of your blessings that you're thankful for?

No comments: