Monday, December 22, 2008

The Joys of Family...

Family...there are many different personalities in our family...different likes/dislikes, many of us have very different sense of humors, different interests and different ways of doing things...but I like reminding my self that God placed each one of us in THIS family...and I'm so grateful that He did!

Yesterday, we all got together for our family Christmas celebration at my mom's house. Lots of wonderful food...appetizers like waterchestnuts wrapped in bacon, spinach dip, hot taco dip & chips...went well with the Steeler game.Then a delicious dinner of pork tenderloin, homemade rolls, augratin potatoes, carrots, green beans, and a family favorite, 'blintzes'...one of the foods that my girls say it wouldn't be a Christmas celebration without...and of course....COOKIES...and some wonderful chocolate mousse as if all of that weren't enough already!


This is the 'matriarch' of our family...the glue that holds us all together...my beautiful mother. I know...She does NOT look old enough to have a daughter my age...I think it's great that we are growing older together!
Here is a picture of my 19 year old niece, Lauren. She is in her second year of college at Penn State and will be studying in Italy next spring.

Here is my sister Lori, and our new nephew, Ty Robert! He is so busy...loves riding on this and he loved reading the new books we got him....he is so alert...it will be so interesting to watch him as he grows!

Here is my youngest sister Pam, with her 12 year old twins, Justin and Tina. Because they live over an hour away, it is always a treat to spend time with them.

Here is my hard working hubby going on just a couple hours sleep. He has been working one week night-turn (his usual) and one week daylight this month...and after working all night in freezing rain, got a couple hours sleep and was able to join us for the celebrations. ( as I'm typing this, he is working his second job fixing cars...he is one of the hardest working men that I know)

This....is our annual "Sister Picture"! Pammy and I love this....Lori tolerates it for our sakes, but we each have a special sister picture frame that we update every year....always reminds me of the special love that we have for each other. We are each so very, very different in most ways...but our love and care for each other is so strong...we don't know what we would do without each other!

Shayne, my nephew, loved his new afghan...he didn't put it down the rest of the day!

Anna loved her princess presents...now she has her very own "big girl" backpack and was thrilled with her "princess checkers game"!

Ronnie was so excited...he got the army belt and canteen that he had wanted so badyly from Vision Forum...and also got a 'Darth Vadar' laptop....all the games are educational and right now, since he can't be as active as he would like, this is wonderful! He is loving it!
















Sara has been wanting a pink hoodie for so long now...she is so thrilled, that I don't think she has taken it off yet!

Meghan...I wish this wasn't blurry, but the expression on her face is priceless...she got her 'Pride and Predjudice' gift set...she never suspected that she was getting it!
I think our family had the best Christmas celebration together that we've ever had...and I pray God's blessings on each member of our family...for their health, well-being and happiness in the coming year...and may each one walk closer and closer to Jesus! ~Sue~

No comments: