Lots of busy, fun work going on around here lately! Seems everyone has been busy doing special things for Christmas...even our little ones.Ronnie and Anna made salt dough ornaments...(even Sara painted a couple)...they were fun as they were done in steps...so over the course of a couple days our little ones had fun painting away!

Here is a picture of the afghan I finished for my 17 year old nephew, Shayne...he's been wanting one and will be surprised when he opens it....lots of baking and crocheting slippers as well. Here are some pictures of the "fruit of our hands"!



Last night, Ronnie, Anna, and Sara made 'edible nativities'. How much fun!!! We were all sitting around our big table ( making our individual messes!)...While they made their nativities, Sara also finished sewing her ornaments that she made, Meghan had already finished her dishcloths she was crocheting, so she made our appetizer for our family Chrismas gathering today...water chestnuts wrapped with bacon and dipped, then carmelized in brown sugar and ketchup...YUM!....while I supervised, crocheted slippers and finished making individual name ornaments for family...had to make one for our new nephew, Ty...to add to my sister's tree. Lots of YARN in our home...I love it!



Today, we are all looking forward to a special, fun family get-together with my sisters, mom and nieces and nephews...although I get a special visit with my nephew, Tommy, on Tuesday...special, because it is one on one with him.May you all have a special, blessed, joyful Sabbath day!!! ~Sue~
P.S. A special cookie post will be coming featuring a special, heirloom ( to our family) cookie book. ( they have now re-issued it and you can buy it again!)
2 comments:
We have been trying to learn to crochet but just can't get past the basics! I have more than one book, and anyone I ask for help doesn't know how to read the directions! They say they just *do*it on their own. Agh!! Your afghan and slippers look wonderful! You are welcome to come by and show us the ropes! :)
MandyN
Next time we are in the neighborhood, we'll drop by and help you crochet! LOL How I wish you all didn't live, literally, on the other side of the country! A friend of mine went to a craft store like Pat Catans and took a couple classes. The best book that I feel explains it clearly is called " The Crochet Answer Book". Thanks for the compliment on the afghan and slippers...my nephew is loving it and I'm so happy he likes it so much! Have a very blessed Christmas, Mandy! ~Sue~
Post a Comment