Sunday, December 11, 2011

Wishing and a hoping...

Wishing and hoping to slow down this Advent season!  Christmas is coming too soon!  This was the conversation I had with my 9 1/2 year old son this evening....he decided that he loves this season leading up to Christmas, he wanted it to slow down and last longer!  Oh, how I wish it would, too!

Just some notes from around the home....homeschooling is going well...just doing the basics of math drills, daily grammar and spelling...but lots of reading, devotionals, names of Jesus and unit studies going on...picking out gluten free cookie recipes...traditional Slovak and Polish foods (and  how to make them gluten free)...some shopping...hoping to finish up this week....lots of get togethers...church activities...doctors appointments...RA flare up that never ends...just now getting off of a methotrexate "hangover" headache that has lasted too long....have chronic auto immune diseases makes things tricky during holidays...ok...pretty much makes life tricky all the time...but having these really makes me be more purposeful...to prioritize and adapt...and to count my blessings.

With a week very full of activities (including bloodwork, doctors and a root canal for hubby)....I am going to try and only focus on the most important things...my family.  After the 18th....our lives slow down considerably...just in time to breathe a sigh of comfort...get some baking done together and really slow down and focus on Jesus...as we follow the star that last week leading up to Christmas.  Lots of pictures and recipes to post...as time allows.....I pray you all are having a very, very blessed Christmas time!  God bless you all!  ~Sue~

No comments: