Thursday, November 10, 2011

65 degrees in Pittsburgh in November?! Field Trip!

When you have 65 degrees AND sunshine in Pittsburgh in November...you take a field trip!   After we finished up the academics this morning my little ones and I headed out to a local farm to meet my sister and nephew...what a fun day!  (ok...the above picture is NOT the most flattering of me, but since I'm usually not IN the pictures...I'm thrilled to have this one for the memories with my little ones!)

Other than enjoying the fall day, the farm had these wonderful, inter-active  boards up that show how this farm is "going green"...we learned a lot about sustainable farming.

We also just had some plain old fashioned FUN!  A chocolate lab named 'Sydney' joined us on all our activities...what a sweet dog!  Instead of a sand box, the 'corn' box was a hit with the kids as something different.

The petting zoo was a hit for a little while...(until a goat started eating Anna's shirt...she was less than pleased)...my nephew, Ty, was so happy to be with his cousins and not afraid of the animals...goats, sheep, chickens and ducks were part of the fun.

And...pumpkins!  I am so grateful for the chance to spend time with my sister, nephew and our little ones!  Blessings like these are precious memories that we will always treasure!

I am trying to be more mindful to say "yes" more....to LOOK for opportunities to make memories with all of my children... to laugh more and treasure the time we have together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is amazing to have 65 degree day in November in Pennsylvania. I notice you live in the Pittsburgh area. My brother and his wife live in Pittsburgh, and before I was married I lived in Grove City.

Sue said...

Hey, Sarah! Thanks for stopping by! Does that mean you'll be in Pittsburgh visiting sometime? How neat to meet in person! I live in the South Hills, and know many people who either still go to Grove City (friends' children) or went there themselves...it's beautiful up there!