This old 'chiffarobe' belonged to my grandmother and holds a special place in my heart...it also holds my fabric stash. (well, most of it...I have some more upstairs ) :) I ALMOST showed a picture of the inside, but until my wonderful husband puts shelves in it, I'm not sure what may fall out of it!
My yarn stash...(Meghan and Sara have their own stashes)...I have 2 bins of acrylic on the bottom, but have become rather a yarn snob lately and love the feel of natural yarns...wool or cotton, specifically.
And, as if I don't already have plenty of both...Meghan and I left the house before 8AM this morning to go to the annual Salvation Army Fabric/Yarn sale! (missed you this year, Dayna!) Now, I'm very glad it benefits a worthy charity, and when I can pick up the bargains that I have and use them to make gifts, and bless my family and others... it is even better!
My sleepy Meghan and I....once the doors opened, I didn't see her again until checkout...it is so crowded in there, I despaired of finding her again, made my way to check out and there she was! We were back home in time for her and Sara to be picked up by 3 friends for a morning of estate sales, then out to lunch for the 5 of them.Some of my "finds":
8 balls of cotton yarn in a chocolate brown color....
A HUGE (I don't even know what to call it) amount of chenille yarn in a soft, sage green.....I can't even tell you how much is on here....but it is a huge amount for only $4!!!
This wool yarn from Italy in a soft cream color stole my heart...and I was able to get 19 balls!
8 balls of this brown, chunky wool yarn (also from Italy) for $2
Just a little bit (I am cutting down on purchasing fabric until I use up what I have...ok...I'm trying!) of Christmas fabric...enough patterns for 6 ornaments...and lots of yardage for Christmas aprons or Christmas quilts. I would like each of my children, when they 'leave the nest' to have a Christmas quilt of their own, at least one 'utility' quilt, a nice, large afghan, and they will also take all of 'their' Christmas ornaments as well to start them off. Each of the girls, as well, has an antique quilt put away for them to take with them.
OH! I also got this knitting needle case for free...and got 2 sets of circular needles in different sizes and 2 sets of 4 double pointed needles as well....I'm ready to learn socks! (maybe)
Another unexpected blessing was meeting my old friend, Linda as soon as we got there! This is the first year that Linda and I didn't make plans to meet there, and we met up at exactly the same time anyway...and got to catch up while waiting for it to open. Linda is a master quilter, and was instrumental in sharing her love of quilting with me.~So....that is a little about my "stash"! LOL I am loving the saying "reduce, reuse, recycle" and now one of my favorite words is "re-purpose"...it is so nice to have what I need at home to either make gifts, to make things we need or to re-make things I already have into something useful. So...what is in your stash?
~Sue~
3 comments:
How fun! I love yarn shopping especially when it is a bargin. Have a great day. Rebekah
Fabric sale! Estates sale! Oh, how I wish I could have been there! It looks like you had a wonderfully productive day, my friend.
how fun, little eary for me, but I would have made it. I like looking at the material part of it, but whatever it is it is so much fun getting those bargains. I almost never pay full price for anything. Love you,
Jolyn
Post a Comment