Monday, March 8, 2010

My girls....

Today was a "girls only" day! While Ron & Ronnie did their "guy things", myself and my 3 darling daughters went thrifting!
Thru out the day, for some reason, I was more aware than usual how very DIFFERENT my daughters all are! It is a little difficult to tell with my little Anna, how she will be as a young woman, but since she takes so much after Sara in most ways (and yet uniquely "Anna"!), I will be curious as to her oldest sister's influence on her in the future.
Meghan, as the eldest, is very mature, an "old soul" so to speak. She loves anything old-fashioned...vintage. Meghan also is very domestic...she loves anything having to do with homemaking, and is very good at these things, as well! Meghan is very creative in the 'domestic arts'...that, her writing, and her beloved piano are how she expresses herself creatively. Meghan tends to "mother" everyone...a trait that is very much like her mother! She also tends to be a little bit of a 'perfectionist'...and is harder on herself than anyone. Her style is traditional and feminine.
Sara, my 2nd daughter, is SO MUCH like me!!! She is a 'rebel',(very much like me!) ...highly intelligent, and always has to know "why"....very imaginative and playful. Sara
is also very creative, making bead jewelery, writing beautiful song lyrics and poems, loves to worship dance and has a great eye for color. Her personal style is very 'eclectic'...playful and funky...very Sara! Sara is still finding areas where her creativity flows....actually, Meghan & I both are as well! I guess you can always find new ways to be creative.
My Anna....my little 5 year old girl. She, as well, is ME!!! She never walks...she skips, dances, bounces and twirls thru life right now....with her own individual sense of style...she really is getting better at matching! LOL She is now very into coloring...planning her own colors rather than "following the pattern"...she, too, is very much like her mother. :)
We had a nice time today, talking, singing...checking out a few things at Michael's as well.
I'm finding that each one of my girls needs something different from me, as their mother. (of course, my son does, too....but as the only boy here, he treated "manly" to begin with from all of us) But, no matter what age they are, they all seem to need Mom's approval (I know I still like my mom's approval) ...even if I don't agree with some of their choices in colors or styles....they need to know that I accept their individual likes/dislikes and sense of style. (of course, well within our modesty expectations for our daughters)
On my journey of mothering for the past 16 1/2 years, one of the things I was thinking of today was how the Lord created each one so special and unique. Even though Anna is very much like Sara, she is not completely like Sara...and I see little bits of each one of my daughters in each other....and a lot of myself in each one. I am so grateful to have these precious daughters!!! Knowing how quickly Meghan & Sara are growing up and will probably be gone within a short time, sometimes make me think about what a short time I have with all of my children and what eternal truths does the Lord want me to teach them....what skills and lessons have eternal value? They say more is 'caught' than 'taught'...and I hope that all of my children will learn from observing me that the Lord showers grace on sinners...and since no one is perfect, to imitate the only one who IS....Jesus...to walk in His ways, and to be grateful for His love and forgiveness everyday. Thank you, Lord, for these precious gifts of my children! ~Sue~

2 comments:

Jolyn said...

Susie,
That was so beautifully put. And I always am so in aww of how different children are and are raised in the same family. But yet we all have our own individual likes and dislikes..You truly have such a wonderful God loving family, and that says so much about you my dear friend...What a blessing you are to them and to me. I love you, Keep you head up and your eyes on the Lord..
Love you Friend, Jolyn

Mandy said...

Meghan, Sara and Anna are so just like Megan, Melissa and Anna. Too funny! I love seeing all the differences/similarities also and they are blessings!