I read a wonderful truth in my devotions this morning:
"If you endure chastening God deals with you as a daughter, for what daughter is there whome a father does not chasten? Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness." Hebrews 12:7 & 11; 'daughter' is my addition.
We will never stop growing and being molded by the Lord and it's not usually a easy process. When the Lord chastens it is humbling and bitter sweet...but He in His abundant love and mercy brings conviction and then growth because of how much He loves us.
I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby; temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.
I need thee, O I need thee. Every hour I need thee. O bless me now my Savior, I come to thee
I need thee every hour; teach me thy will; and thy rich promises in me fulfill.
1 comment:
How I have learned that growth often comes through chastening and trial! Sometimes, I wish it weren't so, but it is for our betterment....actually, it always is
Post a Comment