Thursday, February 4, 2010

The cough that never ends....

All a sick 5 year old girl could need....hot elderberry tea, her "pink bear", tinkerbell fleece blanket her Grammy made her and her cat....who is glued to her side. Now, after almost 17 years of parenting, and almost 10 years of studying and researching natural health and nutrition....I really don't go to the pediatrician all that often. They have seen my 2 little ones more in this past year than they have in their whole lives. When there is a possible breathing issue....I tend to be more cautious.

This cough has been very strange....it has not followed any typical pattern of illness I've ever encountered....no fever, starting with a dry cough...then turning into a 'wet' cough...progressing into a stuffy head and horrible, choking cough....that lingers for weeks. Anna is following the same pattern that Ronnie did (who is still coughing). I had him at the pediatricians office 2 weeks ago, and was told it was a virus. Why am I taking Anna today, then, you may be wondering....because I'm worried about her breathing....she seems to have trouble catching her breath. I'd rather be sure.

In the meantime, we are loading up on vitamin c, elderberry, ALJ (for resperatory)...lots of homemade broths, probiotic kefir smoothies....all hoping to ward off pneumonia and a trip to the hospital....and praying for Spring to come early! LOL Right now, Pittsburgh is expecting 6-8 inches of snow by Saturday night....so it doesn't look like Spring is around the corner just quite yet! But, there ARE signs....Ron saw 5 robins in the yard yesterday....so they are returning from the south. Will update when we see what the pediatrician says.

Please, pray for our little Anna! And, for the coughs to LEAVE our home! :) Thanks!

~Sue~

4 comments:

goatmilker said...

I will be praying. I know how it is that is what I have right know a cough that won't go away and a nose that does not quit running. have a great day Rebekah.

Katie said...

Aww, poor little thing! That picture makes me want to cry:( I'll be praying for her and hoping it'll be gone from your home soon! Tell Anna I hope she feels better and I love her:)
God bless you all!
Love,
Katie Bekah:)

Ella said...

Tell Anna I will be thinking and praying for her!

Jolyn said...

How very awfull. I'm sorry, poor thing looks so sad. We'll keep u all in prayer. Guess we won't be over on the 19th...Love you.