Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Balance...

So much to write about going around in my head...and so little time! I will be posting pictures from Ronnie's 8th birthday, 2 parties, basketball pictures...and our little Anna falling in love with playing with American Girl dolls and LIfe of Faith dolls....and playing them with her big sisters, while her only brother is enthralled with electrical circuits and Legos...and everyone is enthralled with the 'Sugar Creek Gang'.....lots of posts to come! LOL

Our family has been struggling with 'balance'...and I am liking this word lately as a new friend with a fairly large family (7 children) and I were talking the other night while waiting for daughters to finish dance class....she used the word balance a couple of times...and it has reverberated in my mind ever since....and then last night 2 more friends and I were all talking (each one of them have 7 children also)...and we were talking about balance. I think for us right now, we are going thru a season of finding out what the Lord's will is for our family...for our time, resources, energy, activities and our opportunities to show Christ's love by hospitality. I think, for me (I am SO strong willed!)...the Lord allows me to experience things so that I KNOW that they are not for us...but I learn from these seasons. (sometimes I need reminded!)LOL

One of my dear daughters reminded me recently that the name of our blog is "My Simple Blessed Life"...and she emphasized "Simple"...and said "Not!".... but when we started it, our lives were much simpler...looking back thru this blog/journal, I can see clearly where we have gotten 'out of balance'....for GOOD things....but not what is BEST for our family....

We only have a few more months of outside commitments to fulfill (which coincides with Ron's job contract resolution) and we are now re-evaluating and prioritizing our time. So....as journaling our family days and journey to an ever simpler life is a priority for me (and writing a creative outlet), more posts will be coming as our families, as a lot of families these days strive for balance...and for us, God's best for us! ~Be blessed! Sue~

No comments: