Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy as elves...

I kept meaning to do a post....I would think of it...then the thought would be gone...then I would sink into bed and remember I wanted to do a blog post....(sigh) oh, well....more important things going on around here! LOL Busy with 'life'....discipling, relationships, schooling....as well as cooking, baking, more baking, making crafts and gifts and of course....just getting ready for Christmas! Here is a sampling of what has been going on....I will have more time, and LOTS more pictures after this weekend....Saturday is the long awaited wedding of our dear, dear friends Courtney and Dan....then on Sunday, we're celebrating Christmas with my side of the family at my mom's house....after that, the rest of the week of Christmas looks pretty calm! LOL May you all be blessed this Christmas season....Jesus loves you so very, very much! ~Sue~ ~Christmas cards made, printed and mailed! (Sara designed these on the computer...I am so proud of her! The picture of Meghan was from her 16th birthday, Ronnie wanted his with the Stanley cup, and the one of Ron and I was from his brother's wedding...20 years after our own on the same alter....Sara and Anna's just looked cute!)
My kitchen at the moment....eggnog bread made, cinnamon swirl muffins waiting to go into the oven, butter softening for cookies, cherries waiting...and a LOAD of dishes awaiting a 14 year old to finish her algebra! LOL

"paintbox" cut out cookies we did the other night with our good friends, Jamie & Elissa...it has become a tradition for us to do these together...the kids got so creative!
Bobalki waiting to be mixed with browned butter and sauerkraut....yum! If I have time, I'll post the recipe next week when we finish making them. Christmas wouldn't be the same around here without our favorite foods....we'll also be making some homemade kielbasi next week as well.
And, of course....a handsome young man playing his guitar in front of the fire....we're hoping for a fire tonight after all the baking is done....my little 5 year old daughter is making dinner tonight....her "speciality" pizza bagels and cucumbers...she is very proud of herself that it is her turn to make dinner! LOL

Ok...relaxing time is done...off to make Baba's orange cookies and cherry surprise cookies....then it is on to fudge, peppermint bark and oreo bombs! Can anyone say "sugar overload"?!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....just reading this made me gain weight! lol

Stephanie

Ella said...

We had sugar overload yesterday! Mom and I were in the kitchen for, like, six hours, baking goodies to give to our doctors and stuff today.

Sara did an amazing job on those cards!

I'll talk with you guys after the weekend!

Love you

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I love all your pre-Christmas goings on! And did you say you MAKE your own kielbasa? We buy ours from a small grocers where they make it fresh daily, and it is the best in town. All the other Polish folks shop there! We cook ours in the crock pot with a can of beer. Oh my word. The house smells so good when that is cooking! Kielbasa is always a part of our Christmas dinner!